Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why??? This theater's manager sounds too stupid to run a business.

A Missouri movie theater is in trouble with police for a publicity stunt that could have had tragic consequences.

During the opening of “Iron Man 3″, the Goodrich Capital 8 had an actor walk into a theater with full tactical gear, carrying a fake gun. Several moviegoers were scared, thinking it was a real shooter, and called 911.
Full story: Police upset about Missouri movie theater stunt | fox4kc.com

The actor is lucky he didn't get shot by a member of the audience.

·
Registered
354 Posts
That could have gotton a CC holder in trouble. What would the reasonable man do in that situation?

·
Premium Member
6,427 Posts
Holy Smokes!!!

They walk among us - and they BREED!!!

How on Earth did a theater manager dumb enough to do that find an actor dumb enough to do that???

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
That could have gotton a CC holder in trouble. What would the reasonable man do in that situation?
I dont think so. A reasonable man would have ended the threat.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
UNBELIEVABLE. I can't come up with the words to describe how colossally stupid that was. There are so many ways that could have ended badly. People could have been trampled running from the the theater. Someone could have had a heart attack running from the theater. An off-duty LEO or CC holder could have shot him. They could have shot him, the bullet could have passed through and hit someone else. The list could go on.

If I was there when that happened, knowing what has happened in Aurora, Newtown, etc., I'm not sure I would have waited to see what happened next before pulling and firing. I might wait to see if he opens fire, but then someone might be dead because I hesitated. I'm glad no one died, but the actor and the manager need to be charged with something.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
What were they attempting to accomplish with this "publicity" stunt? The people had already paid for their tickets and were in their seats.

This was a prank more than a publicity stunt and the actor is lucky no CCW holder or LEO acted. I'm not one to go off and react too quickly but in a case like this I could see myself taking the shot if I could. I would not wait for the guy to start shooting if he appears armed and geared up with tactical stuff. I would not feel bad for shooting that idiot either.

As old John Wayne said, "Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."

Reactions: Tzadik and Taurahe

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
UNBELIEVABLE. I can't come up with the words to describe how colossally stupid that was. There are so many ways that could have ended badly. People could have been trampled running from the the theater. Someone could have had a heart attack running from the theater. An off-duty LEO or CC holder could have shot him. They could have shot him, the bullet could have passed through and hit someone else. The list could go on.

If I was there when that happened, knowing what has happened in Aurora, Newtown, etc., I'm not sure I would have waited to see what happened next before pulling and firing. I might wait to see if he opens fire, but then someone might be dead because I hesitated. I'm glad no one died, but the actor and the manager need to be charged with something.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^ That has got to be one of the most brainless, dazed, deficient, dense, dim, doltish, dopey, dull, dumb, foolish, futile, gullible, half-baked, half-witted, idiotic, ill-advised, imbecilic, inane, indiscreet, insensate, irrelevant, ludicrous, meaningless, mindless, moronic, naive, nonsensical, obtuse, out to lunch, pointless, puerile, rash, senseless, shortsighted, simple, simpleminded, slow, sluggish, stolid, stupefied, thick, thick-headed, trivial, unintelligent, unthinking things I have ever heard of.

·
Premium Member
6,427 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^ That has got to be one of the most brainless, dazed, deficient, dense, dim, doltish, dopey, dull, dumb, foolish, futile, gullible, half-baked, half-witted, idiotic, ill-advised, imbecilic, inane, indiscreet, insensate, irrelevant, ludicrous, meaningless, mindless, moronic, naive, nonsensical, obtuse, out to lunch, pointless, puerile, rash, senseless, shortsighted, simple, simpleminded, slow, sluggish, stolid, stupefied, thick, thick-headed, trivial, unintelligent, unthinking things I have ever heard of.
Don't hold back, Lion - Tell us how you REALLY feel!

·
Premium Member
6,427 Posts
The sad thing is that if it HAD gone sour, and a CCL holder had opened fire and killed the actor, it would've been just one more incitement to cries for stricter gun control.

Never mind the fact that the CCL holder would've been saving lives if the threat were real, instead of a brainless stunt.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I came across this article with more details.
Movie theater publicity stunt triggers officers to respond to active shooter situation | Local News - Home

Photos of the event here, starting with photo #70 in this Facebook album. (No Facebook account required.) I assume it's the guy in photo #73 that caused the concern, although the lady looks the part too.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.259477914180161.59891.195616673899619&type=1

Hey, but look at the bright side: Iron Man was RIGHT THERE to stop the bad guys!!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Nice work, Lionround! You even listed them in alphabetical order.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I came across this article with more details.
Movie theater publicity stunt triggers officers to respond to active shooter situation | Local News - Home

Photos of the event here, starting with photo #70 in this Facebook album. (No Facebook account required.) I assume it's the guy in photo #73 that caused the concern, although the lady looks the part too.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.259477914180161.59891.195616673899619&type=1

Hey, but look at the bright side: Iron Man was RIGHT THERE to stop the bad guys!!
I looked through the pictures. If several other people had been showing up in costumes as well that might put things in a different light. I had envisioned everybody there in their everyday clothes and then one guy walks in wearing the tactical gear. I don't go to movies that much anymore. When I do go, I like to avoid opening nights because I don't want to deal with crowds and lines. But still, showing up to a movie opening with a fake gun is still asking for trouble.

·
Registered
357 Posts
WOW!.....I am speechless. It is a good thing this wasn't handled by an Off Duty Police Officer or a CCW person. That would not have been pretty.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Yeah... Those guys look like reeeaaaal operators.

Such a stupid idea...

Reactions: Taurahe

·
Registered
199 Posts
He's lucky he didn't get shot. I think it would be a good shoot if you were to engage this guy. There needs to be the fear of death and a guy walking into a theatre dressed like that would certainly induce fear.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
God sure didn't skimp when it came to making idiots.

This could have gone the wrong way in a hurry.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts

Not only that, they're horrible costumes. (Except maybe the Iron Man)
Who the heck is that woman on the left? Is she carrying a tactical lunchbox, or what?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts