Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a Kimber Ultra that I am very pleased with, and will be making my EDC. I have played around with a little leather in the past, but have not found anything that I am really fond of.

I have done many forum searches and have tried to absorb as many opinions as i can find. Having said that, a holster that has particularly caught my eye, is the Mitch Rosen ARG(American Rear Guard), adn ARG DL(Dual Loop).

ARG

ARG DL

I like the design of these holsters, and think that their minimalistic approach would yield comfortable concealment. Its appealing to me that the holster simply wraps the gun, and provides belt loops to stabalize and locate it on the belt.

I would like to hear some opinions from those who have tried this holster design. I currently have a Galco holster of a similar design as the ARG, and do not like how much the holster is able to rock up and down in the front, as the only loop is in the rear... for this reason, I believe I would favor the ARG DL.

I would also like to hear if the Slim Construction option from Mitch Rosen is worth getting. As I said, cost is not a deciding factor... comfort and function are. How much thinner is the slimline going to be, and is it worth getting?

Thanks in advance for any input that could be offered!

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
I've never been disapointed in anything that Mitch Rosen makes and he is one of the few holster craftsmen I can recomend without reservation.

Biker

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Mitch Rosen is one of the premier holster makers in the world.... I'm sure the thinner holster is going to be more comfortable... I have a Tactical Ultra and it's pretty easy to carry....

I'd say... Go for it... You won't be disappointed...

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Mitch Rosen holsters are excellent. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You may want to take a look at the MacDaniel II from Andrews leather. Slim design, heard lots of good things about this holster. I ordered one yesterday for my Kimber Ultra and Pro Carry. Sam had the holster in stock and shipped it out yesterday. I also have a MS VM II due any day. I'm in the process of determining the best IWB holster for myself.
Andrews Custom Leather - MacDaniel II

·
Premium Member
6,539 Posts
I have a commander-sized ARG. You won't be disappointed. :hand10:

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
I don't own one yet, but then again it's not quite 8:00 a.m.. Still, the ARG 'slimline' has been on my ‘wish list’ for quite some time.
Regards,
Dan

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've had several ARG's over the years, never the DL model, and for a long time it was my favorite IWB holster. Like others, I also liked the fact that it shifted as needed.

At some point I started to not like the shifting, and occasionally I would have trouble reholstering because I'd hit the edge of the holster instead of going in, causing the holster to get pushed down into my pants. This led me to try the VM2 which I now prefer, but obviously the DL version would cure this problem for me though I never tried one.

I find the angle of the ARG to be perfect for me at the position I carry, and I still use one occasionally.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts