Defensive Carry banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
I like everything about it. Feels good, shoots great and has been 100% reliable since day one. Disappears into a pocket too.

What's not to like?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Nice pistolo. I bought one for my wife as her CCW. She picked it out. I have carried it and have put just over 400 rounds through it since we bought it new about 4 months ago. It's the MK9-Box version that has the blackened slide. The MK is a really nice gun especially for it's small size. In the Desantis Nemesis pocket holster it will fit pretty easily into any Docker pants pocket or any of my jeans pockets. In a jacket or overcoat it absolutely disappears. It's a tad heavy for it's size if you get the MK version. The all steel contruction puts it just into the 21oz or so range. To compare, my XD9 Service weighs only 2-3oz more unloaded. The slightly higher weight in that MK does help with recoil though. The recoil is very surprisingly light for a gun in this size range. It has some muzzle flip but it's very easy to shoot and come back on follow-up shots. I grip the gun with my pinky finger sitting just under the magazine since the gun gets swallowed up in my hand. Even at it's size, I think recoil will be a non-issue for just about anyone unless you are severly sensitive to recoil. Accuracy is pretty darn good to. 2"-3" groups off-hand at 7-10 yards are easy to shoot with the MK.

The only issues I have had with ours is when trying to get into battery using the "slingshot" method. Smacking a mag home and dropping the slide via the slide release I've had no issues. Every type of ammp I have run this way loads normally. When I try to slingshot the slide into battery, I sometimes get a round jammed up on the feedramp. A slight nudge on the back of the slide puts the gun into battery without fail though. I have tried polishing the feedramp a bit and that semed to help a bit, so I'll toy with that a little more if I continue to see problems. During the 200 round break-in period recomended by Kahr, I had 1 FTE. The other issues during break-in were of the manner described above. Since the break-in, I have had 0 problems with FTE. Since I routinely use the slide release to load my semis, the issue described above is not a huge concern for me. I'm 100% satisfied with this gun as a CCW piece and feel it's as reliable as my XD if I ever needed it. If I felt any less about the MK, I certainly would not let my wife carry it.

I'll give the MK9 a +1. I don't think you can go wrong if that's one fo the guns you were interested in as a discreet carry piece.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts