Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a new daughter in daycare, and I posed the attached letter to the center. In Minnesota, a permit holder may carry on school or child care center property provided written permission.

This letter was well received by the director, and a copy was signed and given to me without issue. Hope this helps others out.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Nice job! Congrats.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
I like the provision that if he rescinds permission, you may remove your daughter from the program immediately without penalty.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Very well written letter Sir. Nicely done.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hats off to you and the daycare facility. Nicely done.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thats a good idea, now I need to check on the TN regs concerning this issue. BC honestly I havent thought that far ahead yet, but I guess I need to....

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
ecrist, well done!

I don't know if you hang out at the TwinCitiesCarry forum, but folks there may be interested in what you've accomplished. To get there, go to twincitiescarry.com • Index page

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ecrist, well done!

I don't know if you hang out at the TwinCitiesCarry forum, but folks there may be interested in what you've accomplished. To get there, go to twincitiescarry.com • Index page
Oh, I used to. I have a differing opinion than the forum owner on some things, so I was promptly banned for expressing that opinion (see debate on Coconut Charlie from about two or three months ago.)

When we looked for a child care center, we made certain to ask about their feelings toward guns. All the places we talked about were OK with hunting. Two places were comfortable with our carrying on the property, another place initially claimed to be. The last place called us back the next day, claiming some bogus Hennepin County rule about no guns on premise.

After we'd felt them out about hunting, and guns in general, did the subject of carrying on property come up. I knew whether they would sign the paper or not, before I presented it.

Feel free to post there, if you like!

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Great permission letter. I would like to use it as a suggested template for students, with your permission.

Oh, I used to. I have a differing opinion than the forum owner on some things, so I was promptly banned for expressing that opinion (see debate on Coconut Charlie from about two or three months ago.)

I seldom visit that forum any more.

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Very cool and effective that you did some recon before sending the letter.

I was wondering if you were at all worried how it would be received.

It showed due diligence on your part for researching the schools before you sent the letter!

More people should follow your lead!

·
Registered
792 Posts
I cannot open that letter at work, but my question is,.. Is this for just a day care? or for school too? How old is your daughter? Are we talking elementary?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts