Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy in New York seems to have a pretty good thing going.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
The news story will be a real catch 22 for this guy. It will bring in a lot more business but it will also bring in the snowflakes to protest him. Some will probably even follow the guy and harass him and the hunters that are watching their deer processed.

·
Registered
8,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The news story will be a real catch 22 for this guy. It will bring in a lot more business but it will also bring in the snowflakes to protest him. Some will probably even follow the guy and harass him and the hunters that are watching their deer processed.
No doubt you are correct.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
This is from western N.Y. , hunting is very excepted , seeing people in camo/blaze orange clothing at this time of the year is normal , contrary to popular belief people in N.Y. hunt , fish and shoot guns regularly .

·
Premium Member
7,270 Posts
It seems to me that $99 is a bargain for having someone come and do all the processing if you don't have a butcher in the family.

We went to a friend's land a couple years in a row for Gramps to hunt deer. The hunters field dressed and skinned the deer in their outside hanging shed. The wife of the land owner couple was the butcher and I was her assistant. She used the very well taken care of butchering tools that had belonged to her father. It was interesting and fun too.

I don't have any pictures to share because that was many years ago before cell phones and computers in our house, so the few pictures I have are old fashioned ones and (bless me) I haven't figured how to use my printer/scanner to scan those old pics to save them to my computer. My old printer was easy, but this one has stumped me.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Flh is right, outside of the megatroplis that is New York City, the rest of the folks are like most people living outside of cities.

I agree with Cavemanbob, I prefer to process my own deer. My family has been doing that for 34 years now. You always know what you have, and can do whatever you want, with the meat. More work, but more reward.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
This is from western N.Y. , hunting is very excepted , seeing people in camo/blaze orange clothing at this time of the year is normal , contrary to popular belief people in N.Y. hunt , fish and shoot guns regularly .
True but I've also seen a N.Y. hunter harassed too. I suppose that can happen anywhere. I do still think that being on the news will bring out the leftists in the area.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
It seems to me that $99 is a bargain for having someone come and do all the processing if you don't have a butcher in the family.
I know how to do it but for $99, having someone come to me and do the work is tempting. My hunting time is limited so I would not have enough deer in a season for this to be cost prohibitive.

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
$99 is a real deal IMO but yeah.....I’m particular. I trim fat, trim silver skin, picky picky picky. But it makes all the difference in the world in taste. In western, arid country you can hang one in the shade for days and that helps break down a lot of things that need to be cut away when it comes to same day processing. But I’d pay $99 once just to watch this guy, soup to nuts. I bet he’s really good. Then I’d take the hams and make jerky.

I’m guessing the deer needs to be field dressed and the hunter is responsible for disposal of the carcass, etc. He must be a hustling son of a gun.

·
Premium Member
3,994 Posts
I was just thinking on this a bit more. Some of the coldest hunting moments that I can recall were in the processing of the deer ....duck hunting experiences aside. $99 ain’t enough. This guy should be lifted to saint hood or whatcha callit.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
@darbo all it takes is one ultra-liberal to ruin the neighborhood. We had a family of those nuts living in a small subdivision of conservative folks. People who either hunted, or supported hunting.

Those nuts did some nasty things to screw up hunting for their "neighbors" and made some pretty horrific statements as to what they believed should happen to hunters. They put out some poison laced food that killed my Uncle's hunting dog. My uncle live right next door to them.

The best day was the day they moved away. I learned from them, that most of the die hard democrats, are insane to a degree, and will do whatever they want to do if they think they can get away with it. Their beliefs are superior to anyone else's as far as they are concerned. That was what I learned almost 30 years ago.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
@darbo all it takes is one ultra-liberal to ruin the neighborhood. We had a family of those nuts living in a small subdivision of conservative folks. People who either hunted, or supported hunting.

Those nuts did some nasty things to screw up hunting for their "neighbors" and made some pretty horrific statements as to what they believed should happen to hunters. They put out some poison laced food that killed my Uncle's hunting dog. My uncle live right next door to them.

The best day was the day they moved away. I learned from them, that most of the die hard democrats, are insane to a degree, and will do whatever they want to do if they think they can get away with it. Their beliefs are superior to anyone else's as far as they are concerned. That was what I learned almost 30 years ago.
Sadly that's true and the disease is spreading, perhaps more rapidly in the last 10 years than it ever has in this country.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I dunno. deer hunting up here is not near as popular as it once was, but its still going strong enough.. They used to close schools years ago, so many young boys hunted with dad,but it hasn't been that way in many many years. I have heard stories from old timers about how in their day, it was extremely hard to take a deer, because there just wasn't many around.. They all got taken every year because everybody hunted. Now there are deer absolutely everywhere and some years the roads are littered with them there are so many..
Also up here every year a few hunters are killed by other idiot "hunters". These are yahoos that wheel and and fire at the snap of a twig, or a hint of movement in tall grass or a brush line without every identifying the target.. I still see a LOT of deer hanging in trees, or hay wagons and barns up here though, so although its less popular than it was, there is still high enough interest.

The radical leftists in ithaca are close to great deer hunting, but you know, I don't see or hear of many protests.. Even they they don't want to wreck their cars when a deer runs right out in front of their car at 60 mph, and it happens a LOT up here especially during the rut.
Me? No interest in hunting, I am not crazy about game of any type really, rather have a Burger King burger, or a nice pork roast maybe.
This is the Finger Lakes region and the deer eat a LOT of agricultural food here.. The grass is thick and rich, apples,corn,hay and alfalfa fields are everywhere, and we grow deer here as large as horses.. They aren't nibbling on pine needles and scrub here! The Finger Lakes Region of NY was at one time documented as growing the largest average white tails east of the Missisippi. I don't think it holds that distinction any longer.
Come on up and take a big deer or two!. There are plenty!...

This guy should do well among certain hunters that have work/kids/business to run, lack of time or interest in butchering a deer, but for the most part, most deer hunters up here are still old school, and let their deer hang for weeks before always processing it themselves, within family groups also processing deer, or in hunting clubs processing many at a time..... bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts