Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired Model 36 Classic snubbed. I purchased this for range practice as an alternative to the airweight daily carry. The additional weight and the grip I added make for comfortable range practice sessions.

My first 10 DA shots at 7 yards with. She shoots just a bit to the left, but otherwise a fine shooter. The trigger is smooth as butter. Not shown is another target at 25 yards with 15 shots all within the silhouette. Need more frequent practice with distances beyond 7 yards but I finally have a tool that does not leave my hand in pain.

Attachments

Reactions: G-man* and TSKnight

·
Registered
907 Posts
WAAAAGH! I really miss mine. Don't sell it, or you'll regret it like I do.

·
Premium Member
8,541 Posts
I said this many times - the model 36 (and 60-7 and earlier 60's) is the perfect balance between the airweight j-frame and the newer magnum frame j-frames. The latter a just a minor bit too much for me to carry IWB, but the 36's has the perfect weight. The few extra ounces over the airweights is enough to tame the snappiness of +P and get back on target quickly. That being said, I really like my later model 60's and 640's, but the .38 only frame has a few advantages for every day carry.

Nice choice.

Reactions: ctr

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I have one and I would hate to part with it. There may have been 15 rounds fired through it in the last 40 yrs. I have carried it for special assignments but it mostly sits in a safe.
They are nice to carry when other guns just would not work well but I do not think they would hold up to full power loads in heavy shooting.

Now if I could just find one of the airweights from the 60's, to add to my collection, DSC_3394.JPG

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
That 36 is a nice revolver. Good choice. :yup:

My preference is for one with another ~1" to 1.5" on the barrel, but it's hard to argue with a well broken-in Model 36. Smooth as "buttah" is good.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Last year i shot an IDPA match with my model 36... shot great, just lousy times due to slow reloads. Accurate little gun... it is carried often. bunker

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Nice little wheelgun! Congrats on a great find.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Yep, love my Model 36 "chiefs special"! It has been my EDC for almost 18 years now and would hate to part with it.
Got mine used from a police auction. Factory DAO with bobbed hammer smooth as silk and easy on the hand with the Pachmyr grips.

Good find and hope you like yours as much as I do mine.

·
Registered
20,256 Posts
Nothing wrong with that! Good ol classic revolver still as viable today as ever. And your groups at 10 yards are nothing to sneeze at either.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yep, 38 is a proven winner, worked for decades as well as now. Nice acquisition, looks like it shoots as nice as it carries and looks.

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys, I'm really enjoying the 36. I find myself pulling it out of the safe often just to look at. I waited 6 months for one to come into the shop but it was worth the wait. I did take the lawyer lock off, just can't stand those.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts