Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
There needs to be a missing thread badge for those those with this achievement of distinction. :yup:
Don’t know bout that, it would make G26Raven and I weigh too much with all those badges 😲

·
Registered
8,009 Posts
I think this is a well-moderated forum and I appreciate that about it. IMHO, it has not always been so, but it has been doing weell in recent memory.

This is just a wild suggestion, but I am on another forum, on a completely different topic, that has a bigger membership than this one and is more active. It is the best moderated forum I have ever been on. One thing they do to avoid the OP's complaint, and would have made things go better in years past on this one, is a rule that a moderator can either be a participant in a thread, or moderate that thread, but not both. So if a mod is in the discussion and it goes off the rails, it has to be another mod who gives out warnings (including to mods in the discussion) and shuts it down if necessary, without getting into the fray.

·
Premium Member
5,812 Posts
Showing your age with that comment, Gatorbait. I'm showing mine too, by the fact that I get it :yup:
I was hoping someone would . I raise my Geritol/prune juice cocktail to you.

·
Super Moderator
18,064 Posts
I've been a Mod on several forums and this one by far is the easiest to be a Mod on. I think we work well together.

Trust me, sometimes the backroom discussions can be quite entertaining.

As for the conversation on closed threads...I'll admit it. I'm guilty. Occasionally I don't notice its closed until I go to close it and then its

Hmmmm....someone beat me to it. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I was hoping to comment on the referenced thread but it go closed due to a misunderstanding. The OP closing comment to that thread explained what was being asked in a better way. Oh well.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
You wanted to argue some more, and got cut off.

Got it, thanks.
Thats not what I said, ... which validates my initial post/reply. :22:

And, I don't argue, its pointless. I state my opinion (AKA fact) :wink: and people can either agree or be wrong. :biggrin2: :vs_smirk:
If they are wrong and quote me, it may merit a correction for the record. :smile:

·
Registered
2,611 Posts

And, I don't argue, its pointless. I state my opinion (AKA fact) :wink: and people can either agree or be wrong. :biggrin2: :vs_smirk:
If they are wrong and quote me, it may merit a correction for the record. :smile:
Nobody is ever wrong on here....I never see anyone argue on here....Just disagreements between adults:wink:

·
Premium Member
33,724 Posts

I argue.

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Some of ya'll need to lighten up. I'm poking fun at R&G and Hotguns for closing and then continuing the thread. Nothing more, just having a laugh.

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
I’ve been on a forum where the Mods couldn’t close a door, let alone a thread......

I like it better here!

How does one earn “points” by the way? :embarassed:

·
Premium Member
7,117 Posts
a rule that a moderator can either be a participant in a thread, or moderate that thread, but not both. So if a mod is in the discussion and it goes off the rails, it has to be another mod who gives out warnings (including to mods in the discussion) and shuts it down if necessary, without getting into the fray.
On the forum where I am a moderator, I reported myself once to the back room for being too far off topic. (You know, that little black pyramid with the ! inside?) The others discussed it and decided to leave my post. I would have been OK if they had decided to trash can it - make it disappear. Yes, I could have made that individual post disappear myself, but thought it might be best to get input.

It's an interesting process, all around.

·
Premium Member
5,812 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
21 - 40 of 49 Posts