Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only seen one in the area in which I live. It is at a local hospital and it is a gun with a circle/line and it says something to the effect pf no guns allowed.

My question is this then; Do I legally have to honor this or other no guns allowed signs? I haven't been able to find an answer to this online. I have read where I cannot CC and I know where I can OC, but I haven't been able to find the answer to this question.

Thanks!

·
Registered
541 Posts
well if you carry into a private business that is posted with the no gun symbol and verbage saying no weapons and you get caught and asked to leave, the possibility of getting the police called and you getting charged with tresspassing is very possible. That is, if they tell you to leave and you dont.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
After searching MT gun laws, I see no mention of signs...I'd say you only need to be CC and leave if, for some reason, you are asked to do so.
I'd still call the state's licensing agency and ask...:yup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm not sure about montana but in Utah signs have no legal power. All they can do is ask you to leave and even if thecops do get called they can only ask you to leave as well. Although I'm sure you could get in trouble for trespassing if you refuse to leave the property.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I don't know about Montana, but in California, hospitals are a restricted area on your permit.

·
Registered
396 Posts
There are no gun sign laws in MT, If you are in a place posted or not and are asked to leave and you don't, all it can result in is trespassing... I live in Billings and and the only place I have seen a sign was at the gun shows, but then again..........

·
Registered
82 Posts
Good question, as I have been pondering this as well. I have yet to see a sign around here, but again I haven't been looking for them either.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I know a couple of folks that work at a hospital here that have cwp's. It's not policy but frowned on for employees to carry cc legal at work. Having said that a non-employee entering cc is legal as far as I know. No signs, except no smoking on the property. In the laws I have read a hospital is not off limits for cwp. Fed buildings, courthouse's, banks, any place that serves alcohol. But not hospitals that I can see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts