Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess I should do an intro. I'm Monty about all over the net as far as gun forums go (Warrior Talk, THR, TFL, GT, Pax, AW, TB2K and probably a handful of others). I'm on my second State of WV CCW permit so I guess I've been doing this about 8 years. Primary carry is a Glock 19 3rd Gen and when it is too large I fall back to a S&W 642 .38Spec. Recently picked up a Makarov and it I get the chance to get it to the range for a try out it might earn a spot between the Glock and S&W. I've owned at least one of most the major handguns out there and traded most of them off. Had a real bad habit of doing that for about 10 years but I'm doing better at controlling myself now, either that or my wife has cracked down on me.

I followed Betty over here from Pax but that hardly makes me unique :wink:

I'm in Charleston WV, work for the Govt and have a wife and a couple kids and no time to shoot :grumpy: I keep saying one of these days I'll have more time, ain't gonna happen.

All for now, later.....Monty

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hey Monty - good to see you here too! :smile:

Drop by when you can and wade in too when ya can!

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Welcome to CombatCarry, Monty. We look forward to having you as a member. :smile:

·
Banned
693 Posts
Hey, Monty, glad you finally made it! I can't wait to hear you debate!

Lots of fun here. Last week we all chipped in and bought the new edition of the "Malibu Barbie' clothes so that Betty has some new threads for the office. We're having them taken in now so they fit better.

Euc's here, and his spleen is healing nicely. We pulled the cylinder and bolt stop out of the wound and bound him with paracord. DMW still isn't speaking to him, and I don't know why. After a few shots of mescal, I can't tell them apart anyway.

The upside is that there are folks here older than us! Now, I remember when 'fire' was invented, we all hopped on the 'wheel' and went down to the aquaduct to celebrate. Do you remember that brown stuff we were dancing on? Well, these old geezers tell me that it's called 'dirt,' and they were the ones that ordered the first batch. They needed a back-stop for their 1911's.

I gotta go. I smell five-times-beef, and I thought I saw a shadow outside the window. The Bichons have been finding long brown hairs all day.

Oh, well, it's probably nothing...

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Hi Monty! :cheerlead

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Tourist - you's on good form today dude! :biggrin:

·
Administrator
143,580 Posts
Welcome Monty

Make us #1 on your forums list. :wink:
You'll like it here.

·
Registered
329 Posts
:starwars: :starwars: Monty taught me all I know about :batman01: guns and shooting...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lawrence Keeney said:
:starwars: :starwars: Monty taught me all I know about :batman01: guns and shooting...
Yeah right, like I'm going to sit here and take the blame for that :biggrin:

Actually, Lawrence is the one that convinced me it was worth the trouble to get my first WV CCW license, many moons ago. Thanks LK! :smilegrin

Monty

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
HIya Monty
Glad to see you found the best forum on the Web..pull up a chair and sift thru the postings. Lots of great info to digest.. and hope you post some of your own good stuff as well :biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.