Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Looks like a 410 shotgun would work on the birds, assuming they don't hybridize with larger ones.

Any rimfire for the squigers, but I would probably want something that is semi-auto with a big magazine. Those things look aggressive, and fast... Maybe a shotgun would work better. Probably should have both, just in case.

A revolver for the last one. Not to kill them, but to kill myself so I don't get eaten alive. I'm thinking a safari gun might work, but I'd let someone else find out first. From a good long distance away if possible.

Man, this reminds me of the days before the syfy channel got bought out by NBC and they made those cheesy movies. I miss the creativity.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Look, guys.

I'm old.

And this is by far the worst year this old man can recall.

But who knows? Maybe things will turn around in the 2nd half. But I'm not holding my breath.
If my dad was still alive, he would give me that crooked smile he had and whisper to me. "Son this ain't nothin'.
He lived through the times of '29 and WW2 and almost 30 years as a cop.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
I've been reading that real pest issues are being overshadowed by all that is in the news. 2020 is predicted to see a rise in problems related to:
  • Mice
  • Spotted Lantern Flies
  • Ticks
  • Bedbugs
  • Mosquitoes
  • Yellow Jackets and Hornets
  • Termites
  • Flies
  • Spiders
  • Cockroaches
All these vary by the area of the country you are in.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I've been reading that real pest issues are being overshadowed by all that is in the news. 2020 is predicted to see a rise in problems related to:
  • Mice
  • Spotted Lantern Flies
  • Ticks
  • Bedbugs
  • Mosquitoes
  • Termites
  • Flies
  • Spiders
  • Cockroaches
And in certain parts of the SE it’s the every 17 year locust season.

·
Registered
34,025 Posts
Look, guys.

I'm old.

And this is by far the worst year this old man can recall.

But who knows? Maybe things will turn around in the 2nd half. But I'm not holding my breath.
Haven't you heard? The second half of 2020 has been cancelled and they're working on doing the same with 2021.

Reactions: Fallsrider

·
Premium Member
5,798 Posts
  • Mice
  • Spotted Lantern Flies
  • Ticks
  • Bedbugs
  • Mosquitoes
  • Termites
  • Flies
  • Spiders
  • Cockroaches
I have a open veranda style front porch. Birds are flying through it, going after the insects of the day. Keeps me entertained. Purple Martins don't normally come in that close, but their bug catching antics are fun to watch as well.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Bring 'em on.

I have some new toys to try out on them.

·
Super Moderator
16,178 Posts
I have a open veranda style front porch. Birds are flying through it, going after the insects of the day. Keeps me entertained. Purple Martins don't normally come in that close, but their bug catching antics are fun to watch as well.
Love watching them and the little brown bats, it's like an air show in miniature.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
If you’re in a big city, CDC is warning about rats getting more aggressive due to shutdown making food more difficult for them to find.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/24/us/cdc-coronavirus-rats.html
We are in the suburbs but have had a rat problem this year. I’ve not baited my traps in a few years but had to this year. I have the commercial ones around my foundation and use professional poison. One nibble and they’re done for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts