Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
All a liberal Democrap can do is lie. Propaganda is a very effective tool. Just keep telling lies and people will believe it if they here it for long enough. These guys learned well from the Germans and their propaganda machine of the 30s and 40s. we're all sorry about newtown, but these parents need to quit drinking the liberal coolaid and do something about the mental illness that drives these kooks and leave the law abiding alone . My sorrow for that trajedy has limits and I won't be a doormat for these uninformed coolaid drinkers.

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
The top of that pile. Isn't that where the stench usually comes from?

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
I do demand an end to so-called "gun" violence. I demand and end to all violence. And if confronted with it such that it threatens my life or those of my loved ones, I bloody well want to be capable of ensuring an end to it as effectively and quickly as possible.

Go after crime without damaging the ability of citizens to defend themselves, and without excreting the Constitution in the process, and I'm sure most such proposals will meet with a chorus of cheers an "Ayes" that'll shake the rafters.

But, go after guns, cars, or any other useful tool merely because some felons decide to criminally misuse such things to ply their trades, while simultaneously eviscerating the Constitution (ie all protections of citizens' right to keep/bear arms), then expect such attempts to be called exactly what they are: liberty-hating and unconstitutional attempts to stick it to the people, without materially impacting violent crime by criminals.

A rose is a rose, and no number of rose-colored glasses are going to change that.

* And I love that smug look on Bloomer's face, while Biden's finger-pointing. Reminds me of the contemptuous, glazed-over look that Schumer gave Suzanna Gratia-Hupp, back when she was excoriating the liberty-haters after the Luby's murderer took both of her parents due to her following the statutes in place at the time.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
This is not a surprise. The antis will use whatever (or who ever) they have to in order to get what they want. I do feel for the families of the victims and I find it hard to be mad at them, no matter how misplaced their anger is, but I am absolutely livid at the anti gun politicians who so quickly and slickly latched onto the victims and used them for their own gain.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
In the article Boomberg says Americans understand requiring background checks for every sale is good common sense citing recent polls. What polls has he been looking at? I don't think he has had time. All his time is tied up trying to ban sodas and other nonsense.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
There are always going to be crazy people who are hell bent on killing, we are NEVER going to stop all of them.

I want an end to gun violence too. I want young black men to stop murdering each other in America's cities over money, crack cocaine, territory, "respect" and the like. I want men to actually stand up and be men and actually be a positive male role model for the children they father. That will go much farther to stopping gun violence than any law ever could. The problem is in the communities and the (lack of) family structure and the media which glorifies the 'thug culture', which ends one of two places 1) prison 2) death.

If you want to see a real change then address the real pervasive problem, don't grandstand on what is the best buy with your political capital.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
There are always going to be crazy people who are hell bent on killing, we are NEVER going to stop all of them.

I want an end to gun violence too. I want young black men to stop murdering each other in America's cities over money, crack cocaine, territory, "respect" and the like. I want men to actually stand up and be men and actually be a positive male role model for the children they father. That will go much farther to stopping gun violence than any law ever could. The problem is in the communities and the (lack of) family structure and the media which glorifies the 'thug culture', which ends one of two places 1) prison 2) death.

If you want to see a real change then address the real pervasive problem, don't grandstand on what is the best buy with your political capital.
...Bingo!!! without fathers to teach what it really is to be a man...and the value of the life of the individual...and common decency and respect, and hard work...etc, etc...they end up living for today and the moment...and I've had more than a few look me in the eye and tell me they never expect to live to be 30...they have no hope for a normal life...no values...no true North to their compass...

...real men make a difference...not perfect men...real men...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Propaganda is a very effective tool. Just keep telling lies and people will believe it if they here it for long enough. These guys learned well from the Germans and their propaganda machine of the 30s and 40s.
This is very true. Ask most people and they will think that there were WMDs in Iraq and that we need and should have gone there. Say a lie enough and people will believe it.

·
Registered
7,080 Posts
He never tells us how this new bill would have prevented the shooting in New Town, CT. It is disgusting when he says things would have been better if only the shooter had to reload. :irked:

What about "universal" background checks? Because all the criminals are getting guns through legitimate sources to begin with?

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
He never tells us how this new bill would have prevented the shooting in New Town, CT. It is disgusting when he says things would have been better if only the shooter had to reload. :irked:
He's even acknowledged it wouldn't have done so.

Gotta loved the two-faced, able to simultaneously grin-and-bear-it as well as deadpan the lies. Scary, that many of them likely actually believe the pap they push. They certainly believe the vast majority are going to swallow it whole.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Geez people its not the guns its the wacos that kill other people. Uneducated populace that dont understand anything. They are sheeple that believe anything thats told to them. thay just sit on their duffs and dont do didly squat and think oh the government and obamacare will take care of us while they are stipped of every god givin right. They are blind as bats. Sorry folks I had a really bad day at work and had to vent somewhere. God I need another drink.:aargh4:

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
...the vast majority are gonna agree with whoever fills the food bowl...
He's even acknowledged it wouldn't have done so.

Gotta loved the two-faced, able to simultaneously grin-and-bear-it as well as deadpan the lies. Scary, that many of them likely actually believe the pap they push. They certainly believe the vast majority are going to swallow it whole.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Probably no secret im a pro gun as it gets by now. And that I hold these anti 2a anti constitution types in the same class as any other traitor against our country.

But even worse than that in this instance. is politicians, after the murder of that many children, swimming upstream in their blood to get their parents who I know by first hand experience 99 percent of couldnt form a rationale well thought out position on what to eat for dinner yet much less guns vs no guns.
You will have a few very strong ones that can think clearly enough not to be led by whatever group got hold of them first.
The rest know only they are destroyed inside, with pain someone never in that position cannot fathom, and a burning raging need to lash out at someone. Since they cannot rip the perp to shreds with their bare hands they turn toward guns and gun owners because that is where they were pointed by the antis who know full well how vulnerable these parents are.
A few years from now most of them will realize that these dogs have came out of the dark to use their loss as a vehicle for a political movement and cared not a moment about their childs death. But not now.

I submit that if the NRA or another pro gun group were slimy enough to have got to them first and chanted if only there had been armed guards and armed teachers, that is what these parents would have supported and spoken out for in opposition to leaving their children unprotected.

However. As much as I hate my gun rights attacked I would not have us stoop to that level. I would rather fight an armed battle over our rights as to fall to that depth of character or be associated with those who will stoop that low.

JMO. But my blood on the ground is better than using the grief of a mother and father over the death of their child at the hands of madman to win a political battle.

·
Registered
488 Posts
The one parent and Biden said that Congress didn't have the guts to stand for a new assault weapons ban. Seems to me that Congress is standing up for the Constitution...the same one Biden swore to uphold. Also, Congress (reps) actually represent citizens in their states/districts.

·
Administrator
144,854 Posts
"That weapon of war has no place on American streets, and taking it off American streets has no impact on one's constitutional right to own a weapon," Biden said, referring to the military-style semiautomatic rifle used by Adam Lanza at Sandy Hook, where he killed 20 children and six adults."

Why are they Weapons Of War for law abiding American citizens but the fully automatic versions are Personal Defense Firearms for the D.H.S. and Law Enforcement?

If no Weapons Of War are to be allowed to be on American Streets then the D.H.S. has no business ordering them.

That would be unless (of course) they are gearing up for some sort of WAR on U.S. soil and our American streets. :confused:

Let's begin by slicing up those spanky new Personal Defense Firearms with some cutting torches.

Reactions: 8th ID

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
There is no Constitutional basis for banning fully auto firearms for citizens or common sense basis for it either.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts