Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the thread about ammo and prices. Yesterday picking up a few things at walmart I just happened by the ammo counter to look, they never have any anymore. A young girl was there working. To shorten this story, the girl was kind enough to let me and a man standing there know that a shipment was just in, and ammo was on it. She went and checked in the back room, brought us both back 3 boxes of .22lr each (we were limited to 3 boxes each). Boxes were a quantity of 555, Winchester, hollow point. For all three boxes I paid $70.

So it's $70 for 1,665 hollow point .22lr bullets.

I'm thrilled at the timing and having the ammo ~ not complaining one bit. Hope things are better with the ammo down the road whereas we don't have to feel so blessed just to get any ammo, kinda ridiculous :icon_neutral: .

·
Registered
350 Posts
Wow, under a nickel a round for hollow point 22LR? That's quite the deal!

May I ask what time you bought it? They seem to sell out after 9am here the same morning they get it.

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can tell you exactly because I was afraid I had to wait 30 min and I was in a hurry. It was at 7:30pm when I asked, and 7:45 when she brought the ammo out to us.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I was reading the thread about ammo and prices. Yesterday picking up a few things at walmart I just happened by the ammo counter to look, they never have any anymore. A young girl was there working. To shorten this story, the girl was kind enough to let me and a man standing there know that a shipment was just in, and ammo was on it. She went and checked in the back room, brought us both back 3 boxes of .22lr each (we were limited to 3 boxes each). Boxes were a quantity of 555, Winchester, hollow point. For all three boxes I paid $70.

I'm thrilled at the timing and having the ammo ~ not complaining one bit. Hope things are better with the ammo down the road whereas we don't have to feel so blessed just to get any ammo, kinda ridiculous :icon_neutral: .
So did you get a Henry to use all those 22LR you're hoarding? :yup:

Great score and enjoy the 22LR!

·
Registered
11 Posts
My local gun store recieved a shipment yesterday. There is usually a line when the doors open at 9am on ammo days. I went by at 1pm and there was actually boxes available in all the handgun calibers! I grabbed a box of .40 blazer, and 2 20 round boxes of .40 speer gold dot. There was no crowd and I was all alone looking, so maybe the craze is easing up!

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Sister...can I borrow your lucky rabbits foot? I haven't been able to find .22 anywhere. I almost got a box at BASS Pro, but the guy in front of me got the last box. :frown:

·
Registered
436 Posts
I am in the same boat, and even more so due to the fact it is cci minimags or nothing for me and my m&p 15-22 :( Only place always stocked up on that is gunbroker, but I would need my rape wistle if I went on there :( I am down to just 700 rounds left of my minimags so I have only taken my 15-22 out once this year so far.

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
Things are getting better. I actually found some Federal and CCI .45 and .380 ammo on sale for less than $27 a box of 50 online. They had a 100 round value pack of Federal 9mm FMJ for $37 which was added to my cart as two boxes but I took time to email my cousin and by the time I got back it was no longer in stock. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am in the same boat, and even more so due to the fact it is cci minimags or nothing for me and my m&p 15-22 :( Only place always stocked up on that is gunbroker, but I would need my rape wistle if I went on there :( I am down to just 700 rounds left of my minimags so I have only taken my 15-22 out once this year so far.

Have you ever tried the bulk Federals...they run great in my M&P 15-22! Last summer Cabela's had a deal on .22 ammo. You got 4 boxes of Federal 550 round boxes AND a dry box - $70 bucks...I bought 5

·
Registered
1,272 Posts

I don't know when this crap is going to end, but I sure will be happy when it does. Good score on the .22 ammo.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
It sure is odd why some Walmarts can get ammo and others cannot. It's beginning to piss me off. I drove 150 miles North into Kansas and that Walmart didn't have any ammo either. Any Walmart employees have thoughts on this discrimination? It seems all the ammo is stopping at the Mississippi river. None or very little going West. This ain't funny folks. We are part of these United States too. I would bet every WM store could sell all the ammo they could receive. No reason not to allocate the supply too ALL the stores on an equal basis.

·
Registered
936 Posts
My LGS has ammo, but I refuse to pay his prices!!
Me too he wanted 17 a box for 20 round tulo ammo in 223 academy sells it for 6.99

·
Registered
63 Posts
Me too he wanted 17 a box for 20 round tulo ammo in 223 academy sells it for 6.99
The Wal-Mart in my area sells the same box of Tula for $5.27 plus tax. I would not normally buy steel cased ammo but for that kind of money I picked up a few boxes because my uncle is begging to do some shooting. I figured it'd be a cheap way for us to have a little fun.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
111 Posts
^^^Ah yes, I picked up 6 boxes of Tula at Wally World yesterday. When I walked to the ammo section there was A LOT of .223. I mean A LOT.

I found an employee and bought 3 boxes. I walked around for a few minutes to look for a few other items, then passed back by the ammo section. There was a different employee working the counter, so I bought 3 more boxes. Cha Ching! Same great price too. I like to support my LGS, and I do pretty regularly, but at about $.25/round vs. about $.75-$1.00/round, I'm happy to buy from Wal-Mart when it's in stock.

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sister...can I borrow your lucky rabbits foot? I haven't been able to find .22 anywhere. I almost got a box at BASS Pro, but the guy in front of me got the last box. :frown:

You got to get to Bass Pro EARLY! The first time I showed up at 8:15 am there was already a line at Bass and being only 5'3" all the men got the boxes first since they could reach it before I could and they were in front of the line.

The second time when I phoned the night before and found out they had some I got there at 7:15 AM ,the next folks to arrive after me (2 older men) got there at 8am. All three of us got what we wanted, they had .22lr, 9mm, 380 and others. Again, phone late the night before, arrive EARLY! it won't come to you, the wally world find was rare for me.

Today I was in Bass again (I shop there a lot, lots of fun stuff) getting prezzies for Momma's day and walked by the gun counter and it just so happened that they get truck shipments on Sunday's too (who would have thunk it?!) and there sitting on the counter were .40 & .38 hollow (both which I bought, one box each was the limit) and I forget what else, think some .45 and maybe 223? Usually don't pay attention if it isn't what I have a gun to shoot it with.

Sounds maybe crazy, but I am wondering if the situation with the Benghazi has taken the threat somewhat away since it looks as if some heads are going to roll. Maybe some confidence is coming back with the thought that the bad people in the gub~ment could be knocked out of the boxing ring?!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Have you ever tried the bulk Federals...they run great in my M&P 15-22! Last summer Cabela's had a deal on .22 ammo. You got 4 boxes of Federal 550 round boxes AND a dry box - $70 bucks...I bought 5
Yeah, I might have to try some Federal Bulk Badger. I have noticed on the smith 15-22 forum that that and cci seem to be reported to be the most reliable for that rifle, but dangit, I have not had an issue of any kind yet with my minimags so I wants them :(

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
I copied the following pre bid from an on line action that is to be held on 5/19/13 and based on last months auction this ammo will sell for at least $170 plus tax and a 18% buyers fee.

302 ROUNDS CCI .22 MAG AMMO
Lot # 315 (Sale Order: 315 of 370)
302 ROUNDS CCI .22 MAG AMMO INCLUDES 124 RNDS .22 WIN MAG RIMFIRE HP & 178 RNDS .22WMR MAXI-MAG
High Bid: $100.00
by f****k
BID NOW $110.00
or Enter a maximum bid
Watch this Item

1 - 20 of 23 Posts