Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New report: More than 14.5 million now licensed to carry
:danceban: :danceban:
A new report from the Crime Prevention Research Center (CPRC) says that there are now more than 14.5 million Americans who are licensed to carry across the United States, an increase of 1.73 million newly-armed citizens since last year’s report was published.

New report: More than 14.5 million now licensed to carry ? Conservative Firing Line

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
Outstanding progress!

I have 2 friends who I helped with their licenses this past year. The more who move this direction, the better it will be for all of us! I would love to see the number surpass 30 million or 10% of the total population!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
All of those are potential forum members...:image035:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Definite improvement. The local news ran a story recently where the Kentucky State Police received 20% more CCDW applications in the past year than they normally get. I just got my necessary class completion certification today. Will be submitting my application to them on Friday.

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
Mrs. hick joined the list recently and a few kin, who I thought were anti, are in the process of getting their permits!

·
Registered
423 Posts
The good thing about the application process here in Kentucky is that they passed a law not long ago that the KSP must accept online applications and process those within 15 days. Much, MUCH quicker than the process of going to the local sheriff's office, having them take your picture, and then having to wait 60 days for it to process. Seems like the capital wants more of its qualified citizens legally armed as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I don't remember if I needed to show any gun safety class when I got my permit in Washington State. In Montana I just showed them my hunter safety card from WA.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In Washington, it's "shall issue." Period. End of story.
There is not a test required, or any training. One can certainly have a difference of opinion there, but a lot of folks argue that once the government gets mixed up in the process, things can go south fast.
I'm a firearms instructor. I believe in training.
I don't believe in regulating a civil right until it is a GOVERNMENT-REGULATED privilege, however.

·
Registered
887 Posts
With all that is going on in this world and with the upcoming elections I think people are finally opening their eyes. People need to step up and take responsibility for their safety and the safety of their loved ones. I have a friend who I would never have thought would be interested in guns, never mind a carry permit. He told me that he wants to get some training and pursue his carry permit. I congratulated him on his decision.

Reactions: Truckinbutch

·
Registered
323 Posts
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" - Adolf Hitler, 1935

·
Registered
423 Posts
I managed to submit my application to the Kentucky State Police today instead of tomorrow. By new law, it should be processed in 15 days, instead of waiting up to 60 by taking a physical application to the local sheriff's office. Should have my license in maybe three weeks. That's a little over a month from class to license. Not bad turnaround time.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Please be advised that the Demo`s want all of this to change. Just listen to what Killary wants done to the Constitution AND the 2A. She wants people like us disarmed and America to be one big Gun Free Zone. It`s coming Folks now that she`s the Demo Nominee so Please pay Attention when you Vote in November. Yes,It is that Important!!.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" - Adolf Hitler, 1935
Far as I can tell, Hitler never actually said this, and I have researched as far as I can.
Looks bogus.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts