Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously thinking of buying Mossberg's 930 spx(semi-auto) for home defense!
My questions concerning this shotgun is_does anyone on this forum have knowledge of this shotguns reliability & shootability? Please note that I am sold on getting a semi-auto!
Thank-you all for your thoughts!

P.S. This shotgun has 8 shots & an 18-1/2 inch barrel!

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I've pretty much been a fan of the pump actions since I've had shotguns on and off over the years. I've read excellent reviews on the 930SPX along next to other comparable semi-auto shotguns. It may not rank tops in the felt recoil department amongst the others from Benelli to Winchester in the semi-autos, but it's most usually among the list of top shotguns in the reliability and shootability department since it seems to always be included in the best shotguns reviews. I've misplaced a lot of reference materials I've had since my move.

·
8,501 Posts
I've had a 930 (not spx) for about 2 1/2 years now and it is very reliable with all types of ammo. I say go for it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had a 930 security/field combo,
It couldn't cycle anything except for buckshot and slugs in either barrel, and even then it didn't work flawlessly with those either. I sold mine and got a 590A1. That being said, I'm the only person who seems to have had problems with this series.

·
Registered
737 Posts
It's a no-brainer. Get it if you can find one.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have a 930spx.

At first it would only cycle heavy 2 3/4" loads reliably. After about 180 rounds it now cycles light target loads pretty reliably. I read that it takes about 200 rounds to break it in after which it will eat most any ammo. My shoulder was too sore to get to 200 rounds. I've been shooting max dram bird shot and mad load 0 buckshot to beat it into submission.

·
Registered
368 Posts
A great choice for home defense!

It's very reliable with all popular defensive loads.

Go for it! :danceban:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts