Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a number of 12 gauge shotguns and one 20 gauge, Winchester 120, that was my first 'real' gun. I've restored it the best I can and even though it's not worth much, I wanted to hang onto it.

So... after buying a Mossberg 500 and 930 I decided I really like that platform and noticed the SA-20 Tactical, figured that would make a nice addition to the collection, and the rest is almost history (haven't received it yet).

The only thing I'm a little bummed about is that Mossberg, for whatever reason, didn't keep the safety consistent with their other models. I really liked that as I'm a left handed shooter.

Now I just need to find some #3 buck for it. :scratchchin:

pix673127279.jpg

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
The 20 gauge is a great shotgun. I have the 500cg and love it. Nice purchase.

Reactions: Civil_Response

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 500 came first, it replaced my Remington 870. Liked that so much that I got a used 930 (wood furniture, love it). I prefer the 930 over the 500, I think... guess that might explain why I went with the SA-20 for a 20 gauge now that I think about it.

They're both good guns, I just like the build quality of the 930 a little more.

·
Registered
124 Posts
thanks for the feedback, i was looking into gettin a new shotgun mainly just for SD and was thinkin of going a semi auto. little bit of a price diiference between the 500 and 930 depending on which model.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the general consensus is... if you have one defensive shotgun, it should be a pump. If you are looking for a second, get whatever you want. :)

Reason being a pump is usually less likely to fail and isn't ammo sensitive, it's like a revolver vs a semi-auto - but look how many people carry semi-autos. I personally think a semi-auto is a great choice, it has less felt recoil and less to physically maneuver (no chance of short stroking the pump failing to chamber/eject a round).

Lots of pros and cons to either... of course, if you want reliability an over/under is always an option. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts