Defensive Carry banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -- I'm wondering if anyone has seen or used one of these things. I know about pistol grip 12 gauges, etc, but have never seen a muzzle brake on one. Is this marketing/tactical stuff or would you think it would work?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=44699161

Any comments would be appreciated. I am a big fan of riot guns but not sure about this front thing!
Thanks

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Not sure about the mussel break being usefull or not but it looks like it would be great for poking a BG in the chest when you have him up against the wall letting him know how bad the decision was for him to break in your house! Look's fun...........:twak:

Ti.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I believe these are used to create a stand-off distance for breaching doors/locks. The "teeth" I would imagine allows the breacher to dig the muzzle up against the door and/or lock.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Lets call it tactical(testical) and slap another $75-$100 on it. Sheesh,it's just a Moss500. I say "OVERPRICED" !! --------

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
srfl has it exacly right they create stand off for frangible slugs , and yes they do work

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guys -- that makes a lot more sense than "muzzle break" -

Actually RSSZ, at wholesale, there's really not a big price difference.
So, I guess I'll try "well honey, if we ever lock ourselves out of the bathroom, we may need to get in there in a hurry....look what I just bought"

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
David just as a note if you happen to get/use one of them , and have access to cn/cs " ferritt " rounds.... DO NOT use it as stand off on so much as a window , and dont ask me how i know that lol ( no it wasnt me but its a story i only tell when properly bribed )

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
well some times commedic ( sp ) chit happens , even on entrys lol

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
that's a heck of a flash hider/cookie cutter combo there.:hand5:

·
Registered
521 Posts
i hate pistol grip shotguns, have one (mossberg too) shot it a few times and ya gotta be so careful with yer wrist alignment i promptly removed the pistol grip and went back to the conventional stock.almost broke my wrist with it, hyper extended it fer sure.
but it do like that end...bad ass looking.
and fer poking a perp, it would leave nice chest perferations he would remember. but getting that close to them, as we all know, would be a bad idea.
and if i were to run outta ammo the monte carlo stock makes a nice "bat" to beat'em with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts