Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting a 22 academy sports has these for 249 plain or 319 with scope. Has anyone had good or bad reviews on them thanks

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
I looked at these last year and after comparing it to the S&W M&P 15-22 it became a very easy choice! Yes the S&W does cost more...but it is well worth the difference in price! I absolutely love the M&P 15-22 and it is probably the most fun for the buck out there! BTW, the S&W will hold resale value much better if that is a consideration.

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Mine works fine and is fun to shoot but it has a very plastic feel...kind of like a toy. I have mine dedicated to an emergency bag...the uninformed will probably think it is one of those evil assault rifles.

Reactions: Sister

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I purchased one about maybe 6 months ago (give or take) and I believe I paid around $160ish. It does have a very plastic, toy like feel to it but it ran right along with a friends S&W MP 15-22.

I don't regret the purchase at all but for my .22 rifle urges, my Henry lever action is king of the hill. After running it side by side with my friend's S&W, it's been collecting dust (not literally, of course).

Reactions: 1MoreGoodGuy

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
I purchased one about maybe 6 months ago (give or take) and I believe I paid around $160ish. It does have a very plastic, toy like feel to it but it ran right along with a friends S&W MP 15-22.

I don't regret the purchase at all but for my .22 rifle urges, my Henry lever action is king of the hill. After running it side by side with my friend's S&W, it's been collecting dust (not literally, of course).
My Henry Golden Boy is awesome
Henry Golden Boy.jpg

So is my 1978 Winchester 9422 XTR
Winchester 9422 XTR.jpg

and so is my Ruger 10/22 Takedown
Rugers1 copy.jpg

Rugers5 copy.jpg

Reactions: blitzburgh

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I looked at these last year and after comparing it to the S&W M&P 15-22 it became a very easy choice! Yes the S&W does cost more...but it is well worth the difference in price! I absolutely love the M&P 15-22 and it is probably the most fun for the buck out there! BTW, the S&W will hold resale value much better if that is a consideration.
I agree....the quality is better and if you decide to trade or sell later you will get more from your initial investment.

Reactions: Tdub79

·
Registered
6,508 Posts
I got one back when they were overcharging for them (Buds nailed me to the wall on that one) and I agree with the others in that it feels like a plastic toy. I went ahead and got plenty of ammo for it but haven't shot it yet. Too many gadgets on it, I can't figure out the dang thing. Will probably enjoy it when I shoot it, and yes, it would make a great bug out gun because of the weight.

Still love my 308 Winn the best though.

·
Banned
76 Posts

Above the 9422 .22LR Tribute, below the 9422M from 1972.

Below the Henry .22 Magnum Octagon:

And finally the Marlin 39A (this one is a specialized edition dedicated to Annie Oakley but it is the standard Marlin 39A for all intensive purposes).

I found all the above to be the best in the .22LR/.22WMR lever. The 39A is not chambered in the .22 WMR because its old action cannot sustain the pressure of the .22 WMR.

However, I like them all for .22 USA lever actions and stand behind anyone owning any or all of them!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a 715T and it lasted one trip to the range...took it back and traded it in on a S&W 15-22.

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts

Above the 9422 .22LR Tribute, below the 9422M from 1972.

Below the Henry .22 Magnum Octagon:

And finally the Marlin 39A (this one is a specialized edition dedicated to Annie Oakley but it is the standard Marlin 39A for all intensive purposes).

I found all the above to be the best in the .22LR/.22WMR lever. The 39A is not chambered in the .22 WMR because its old action cannot sustain the pressure of the .22 WMR.

However, I like them all for .22 USA lever actions and stand behind anyone owning any or all of them!
Very Nice Chessman!

Could you please post those in my "Lever Action Picture Thread" http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...ssion/166508-lever-action-picture-thread.html Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What was your problem with it?
Where should I start...The mags are a real pain to work with...FTF issues...FTE issues...inaccurate...cheaply made...and a ROYAL PITA to takedown for cleaning. I understand the base rifle that all the plastic is attached to is a very nice rifle.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Where should I start...The mags are a real pain to work with...FTF issues...FTE issues...inaccurate...cheaply made...and a ROYAL PITA to takedown for cleaning. I understand the base rifle that all the plastic is attached to is a very nice rifle.
Yeah the mags definitely are a pain and the take down. :yup:

Fortunately I haven't experienced any of the other problems though.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have one and agree with most of the post about it. I shot it today and actually hit the target a few times. The mag is supposed to hold 25 rounds but all I can get it to hold is about ten. Then it gets stuck and won't let you load anymore rounds. I guess you could say it is what it is. I am a little ashamed to admit that I bought it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have one and agree with most of the post about it. I shot it today and actually hit the target a few times. The mag is supposed to hold 25 rounds but all I can get it to hold is about ten. Then it gets stuck and won't let you load anymore rounds. I guess you could say it is what it is. I am a little ashamed to admit that I bought it.
Bought what?? :) The ten rounds is what the stock mag holds before it bends off into the fake AR mag. You might be able to make it better by loosening the screws and "straightening" out the angle. It is almost better just to use the 10 round mags for the base rifle...fewer FTFs and less hassle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts