Votes: 12 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 15 3.7%
1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I definitely have my opinions, but I am very curious in what you guys think.

·
Registered
37,006 Posts
Any that I don't own. That's my excuse for not having them.

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
CAN OF WORMS ALERT!!! CAN OF WORMS ALERT!!!

OVERATED?? There are many ways of looking at that. Past, present, past & present

If you are relating to products being manufactured today vs. advertising, hype and popularity I would have to say Smith & Wesson, Glock, Kimber and Sig.. In that order. I am the owner of at least 2 guns from each of these manufacturers...

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I have a Kimber stainless. I like it a lot. Accurate and very dependable. Sweet shooter.

But Kimber isn't the end all that they would have you believe.

I don't regard them as poor quality, but they get hyped as though their slides read Les Baer.

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
I say Glock, not because it's a bad gun maker - it's very good - but because of their horrifyingly overzealous fanboys.
Watch out!!!! That could be construed as an insult.. I know, I have been accused for less...

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Will be interesting to see the correlation between price and the results. My guess is HK gets a lot of votes, from people who have never shot one.

Agree with the Kimber comments - I had a hard time determining the reason for a $400 price difference between their low end Kimber Custom II and my RIA tactical. Fit and finish doesn't match their price on their low end guns.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
That's what I love about the FREE MARKET and competition. I have my likes and dislikes. I am not sure why Kimber is leading this (unscientific) poll. I am not crazy about Glock, but no way find them overrated (they do what they do, and maybe are not for everyone)

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Springfield Armory.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Kimber...:gah:there I said it..

And the Glock is not overrated by a long shot.. It runs as well as any other firearm at more than double its price point. :yup:

:theyareontome:With that said, Im outta here.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Springfield. I only own one, and it was on the low end in price, but the fit and finish leaves a lot to be desired. I also have an olympic Arms that was slightly more and there's no comparison.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Glocks are not overrated. Glock owners however often act like their guns are made of gold, and almost with an arrogant attitude concerning them. Not all of them, but that's definitely a theme among them, I believe.

I'd own a glock if I had more money for a new gun.

Kimbers however...

1 - 20 of 185 Posts