Defensive Carry banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
145,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think my vote goes to the THUNDER 5
Weighing in at a whopping 48 ounces unloaded & firing 5 rounds of either .45 long Colt or "Quantity 5" 410 gauge shotgun shells.
HEAVY trigger pull.
A SNAKE GUN??? Just drop the doggone gun on the snake and save on ammo costs!
The #4 shot not being able to penetrate 3/8" of plywood.
Then I understand that once you fire the shotgun shells in it it's really difficult to get any sort of accuracy back shooting .45 Long Colt.
Then...You hafta poke spent S Gun Shells out with a stick.
I'll pass on this one! The videos did not look at all impressive on their web site.
I can shoot 2 full mags of .45acp nearly as fast as that & that includes a doggone reload.
They advertise "Built Like A Tank" & weighing almost as much as one.
Be Smart ~ Use A Safe
Be Even Smarter & Use A Different Firearm.
:poke:
Anybody here own one?
You sure won't admit it now will you? :biggrin:

·
Administrator
145,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thunder ~ 6 Feet Under

Well figure with the Thunder 5 being that heavy...& figure add weight for fully loaded & with some spare ammo that is one handgun that I (for sure) would leave at home.
So...I probably would not ever have the Thunder5 when I needed it.

There is a Thunder 5 forum...just pretty much looks like a page or two of "highly adept handgunners" :trytofly: weighing in on their Thunder 5 handguns.

I just love to read things like "I shot into water & saw a 20' shot pattern" ~ Yes, that would be 20 feet & not 20 inches.

And then the one guy that wants to load his "first up" 4 rounds as shotshells & "save" the last round as .45 Long Colt.
He wants to be able to shoot at the sound of a voice in total darkness & then (I guess) save the .45 LC as his "finishing shot" ~ We need to get him some serious CombatCarry.com EDUCATION!

·
Administrator
145,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pot Metal Firearms

Those cheapo firearms made from Zinc Diecast are dangerous.
I KNOW for a fact that "white metal" & Zinc castings eventually get VERY brittle & will shatter like glass. It is decently tough when it is first cast & then something happens to it & it degrades.
Some of those cheap, older, pot metal handguns are long overdue for some serious safety malfunctions & possible explosions.
If you own an older Zinc diecast firearm then please don't shoot it anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts