Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend had a little motorcycle get-a-way to Pensacola Beach, Florida. I've seen posts asking about motorcycle carry and pocket carry - well, this was both.
All weekend I pocked carried on the bike and walking around.
I had a Taurus PT145 in front right pocket and a Smith & Wesson MD: 642 .38 special revolver in back right pocket.

Just two pics to show - family was wondering "Why does he want a picture of himself looking away - why the picture of his backside?"

Here ya go. I hope the link works.

KODAK Gallery | Photo Merchandise

·
Registered
473 Posts
Wow a PT145 in your front pocket? That's a big pocket! What holster were you using?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow a PT145 in your front pocket? That's a big pocket! What holster were you using?
Err, Aaaa, Just the pocket. I know I know - not recommended but under the circumstances (circumstances being tucked in shirt and wanted to carry the PT145 reguardless)......

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ah man I see that you were at Flounders! One of my favorite restaurants while I was stationed there. Since you were carrying I assume youdidn't have the chance to try the Diesel Fuel out of the mason jar. Hope you had a good time and with the pocket carry.

·
Registered
806 Posts
"Nothin' to see here, folks!"

Conceals pretty well. I bet the family did have questions about you and your "best angle"!

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
IMO, the PT145 concealed better than the 642. I couldn't even tell you had a pistol in your front right pocket.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
This past weekend had a little motorcycle get-a-way to Pensacola Beach, Florida. I've seen posts asking about motorcycle carry and pocket carry - well, this was both.
All weekend I pocked carried on the bike and walking around.
I had a Taurus PT145 in front right pocket and a Smith & Wesson MD: 642 .38 special revolver in back right pocket.

Just two pics to show - family was wondering "Why does he want a picture of himself looking away - why the picture of his backside?"

Here ya go. I hope the link works.

KODAK Gallery | Photo Merchandise
:rofl::rofl:

I carry my Glock-36 on my Harley in its regular holster...never a problem. It's either an IWB at 3:30, one at 5:00, or an OWB at 3:30...all work quite well.

Note: Looks like a great place to visit...nice beach.:yup:

·
Registered
698 Posts
ArmyCop,
I carried my PT-145 for years in my right front pocket, and all I heard was "its too big for pocket carry". I was never "made" by anyone.....or at least told I was "made". It was very comforting having that gun there. I could not however wear it in my dress pants at the office, so I went to the KelTec PF9 in 9mm and slid the PT-145 into a storage panel in the dash of my car. It and a spare mag fit there perfectly. If I am wearing my jeans or cargo shorts, the PT still finds itself in my pocket. I also carry it to back up my 1911 when it is carried. I still carry it IWB from time to time and still love to shoot it. Seeing you carry lets me know I am not the only one doing so.

tex45acp

·
Registered
862 Posts
+1 on the pics. I couldn't see anything printing from the photos looks like a fun trip!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great trip for sure. Biked around, took a tour of Ft. Pickens....

One other thing the rear pic revealed to me was - - - - didn't realize what others had been seeing in my skin cap beanie gaining ground like it has. I've been feeling hair there so had no idea how much skin was showing. Oh well.

·
Registered
271 Posts
What about a shoulder rig when riding a motorcycle? It would depend on what kind of gear you wear when riding, but i would think that would allow for the most comfort and ease of access if you wear any kind of riding jacket.
I have only carried a couple times on a bike, but had no issues using my OWB at 3 o'clock wearing my Joe Rocket leather.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I'm on my bike during summer months I usually use my Crossbreed Supertruck for my XDM 40 service. Covers if nicely and I usually have it at the 3 o'clock position. Plus it's a tuckable holster so I can tuck a shirt in over it and I usually put my gerber tool on my belt next to the rear clip to conceal it and my cell phone on my belt near the front clip...makes the clips virtually invisible.

I also have a shoulder holster and use that when I'm wearing the jacket and don't plan on taking the jacket off.

But I don't see any printing from the pictures.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have wondered what to do on my Harley....I sometimes put my LCP in my front rt jeans pocket but even that can be a bit big with the nylon pocket holster and I really dont like fanny packs. I think I should maybe get a OWB holster for my 66-2 and my G26, they are short enough to not need a whole bunch of coverage.

Also, is that a relative sitting at the table behind you in the first picture, the guy looks just like you!

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
AC, I think I'd buy a few more pair of those shorts.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I bought an Alessi Bodyguard for just riding my Harleys. The holster has grown on me and now I'm using it 90% of the time when I'm out and about. It's super comfortable and very fast on the draw. I tried a Galco Miami SH years ago for my 5" Springer. Could not pull it off even after fiddling with it for weeks. No problem with the Alessi and my S&W 19 snub. :smile:

I also ALWAYS have my S&W 36 BUG on in a HBE Pro TL strong side 3:30.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Concealment looks good...Some of the cargo shorts have pretty big pockets...I have some that I can pocket carry my G19 in...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts