Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supposedly a Republican group called, "Lincoln Project" has released this ad. I saw it the other day. It's a huge pile of BS. I expect a lot more of this as we get into the election season. Media is powerful.

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
@Jeanlouise Media is only as powerful as we make it by watching and making advertisers believe we respond to their pleas for our money.

We haven't watched anyone's media broadcast for over a year now. The advertisers can go suck eggs - we don't pay any of them any attention. And newspapers? Anything of the like gets thrown in our yard, we give to our granddaughter for the bottom of her bird cage. :danceban:

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
That's not a Republican group, that's a RINO group. Trump will be the nominee, of that there is no doubt. So they are just undercutting his chance of winning, which would hand the victory to Biden. Also, all the ad does is complain, in bleeding heart terms, liberal "feelings" terms, without offering any solutions.

If Kellyanne Conway doesn't divorce her idiot husband, Trump should show her the door.

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
When I saw that the Lincoln Project was founded by George Conway that was all I needed to hear.
Bunch of Swamp dwelling Establishment never Trumpers Republicans who lost power when Trump was elected.
The swamp knows no political party. They just need the go along to get along politicians.
Solving problems is not on their agenda. Keeping power is.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Jeanlouise Media is only as powerful as we make it by watching and making advertisers believe we respond to their pleas for our money.

We haven't watched anyone's media broadcast for over a year now. The advertisers can go suck eggs - we don't pay any of them any attention. And newspapers? Anything of the like gets thrown in our yard, we give to our granddaughter for the bottom of her bird cage. :danceban:

While I agree with you, I never underestimate the power of media and their ability to twist and manipulate. You might not be watching but there are millions who do...and believe it.

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
While I agree with you, I never underestimate the power of media and their ability to twist and manipulate. You might not be watching but there are millions who do...and believe it.
The issue is that we do not think like most people. We are tuned into what is happening with our country as well as what is happening to us personally.
Most people are only concerned with their day to day lives, cannot be bothered to do their homework so they just get their opinions from the talking heads on TV.
I could never understand the sheep mentality.

·
Premium Member
33,730 Posts
Mainstream Republican "leadership" has always wanted Trump to fail, even more so after he pulled much of their constituency away from them and won the election.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts

So how do you get informed?

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Trump continues to fight the Dimwitcrats as well as the Deep State RINOS that smile and put a knife in his back.

Reactions: NECCdude

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
I get informed by reading from many multiple news sources. Not just one or two.
I do get on Fox News everyday here at work because it is easy. But they are not my only outlet.
At times I also will listen to CNN, though it does make my head explode, but I want to understand what the other side is hearing.
I am also an avid reader of books by authors of current political and social events.
The more you read from multiple sources, the better you can come to your own conclusions.
Also I am a consumer of books written by our founders, many times you can find the answer to today's issues by reading what they had to say.
They were brilliant and visionary. Madison, Adams, Jefferson.

·
Registered
6,696 Posts

@KILTED COWBOY answered that, except I don't watch CNN - ever. I think I'll live longer avoiding that trash. About all I see is headlines on Fox. Anything else comes from websites I have trusted for years.

Have I missed anything?

Reactions: mkh

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I get informed by reading from many multiple news sources. Not just one or two.
I do get on Fox News everyday here at work because it is easy. But they are not my only outlet.
At times I also will listen to CNN, though it does make my head explode, but I want to understand what the other side is hearing.
I am also an avid reader of books by authors of current political and social events.
The more you read from multiple sources, the better you can come to your own conclusions.
Also I am a consumer of books written by our founders, many times you can find the answer to today's issues by reading what they had to say.
They were brilliant and visionary. Madison, Adams, Jefferson.
Everyone has to decide for themselves how they get informed. I indulge in both Fox and CNN from time to time, but I try not to make a habit of it. They are both kind of journalistic train wrecks. You don't want to look, but it's hard to look away. I find it hard to get up to date news from Madison, Adams and Jefferson!

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
@KILTED COWBOY answered that, except I don't watch CNN - ever. I think I'll live longer avoiding that trash. About all I see is headlines on Fox. Anything else comes from websites I have trusted for years.

Have I missed anything?
I used to be addicted to Fox and then I got on an OANN kick, but I have all but sworn them off. Everyone has to decide for themselves, but for me, they are just right wing versions of CNN. No outlet is exactly centrist and completely factual, but I decided to go up the journalistic food chain a bit with AP, Reuters and the Wall St. Journal.

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Everyone has to decide for themselves how they get informed. I indulge in both Fox and CNN from time to time, but I try not to make a habit of it. They are both kind of journalistic train wrecks. You don't want to look, but it's hard to look away. I find it hard to get up to date news from Madison, Adams and Jefferson!
Many of the issues facing our country today were envisioned by the founders. If you dig deep you can see how if we follow the thoughts they put into the Constitution and the federalist Papers it is a blueprint on how we should handle things today. That is what I was trying to convey, not that they had Nostradamus predictions.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Video brought to you by Now This News.

NowThis News - Wikipedia

NowThis News is a left-wing, progressive, social media-focused, youth-oriented news organization started in 2012

:rolleyes: surprised??

·
Premium Member
3,039 Posts
I heard today that the economy right now is pretty much on par with what it was before COVID-19 kicked in. That's amazing when you consider the job losses, business closures, etc.... that's how strong it was.

Just imagine what the economy would look like if a certain Murder Hornet had gotten into the oval office.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Richard "Dick" Durbin of Illinois is running for the Senate again even though he intends to retire and give his senate seat to somebody who probably couldn't win an election on their own. Durbin will probably win the election because people vote for the name. I don't think that is fair to the people of Illinois but it doesn't seem to matter how they win, it is all about control and power.
The news media has never been fair to President Trump even with the predictions before the election that Hillary would win by a landslide. You would be surprised at how many people voted for Hillary for just that reason regardless of what she stood for.
I made a comment on one of Trumps sites that I had thought that all was lost on that election night and that I feel like it was only by the grace of God that he won. That I cried with relief when I saw that he won. The reply looked like it was official. He thanked me for my vote and simply said. "Yes! I did too."
I don't think any president with the exception of Lincoln has endured the kind of opposition that President Trump has and I don't know of any other president that has worked harder to try to do what is right for America and the American people. I am amazed that he is able to do everything that he does and still endure the kind of criticism that he endures day after day.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Video brought to you by Now This News.

NowThis News - Wikipedia

NowThis News is a left-wing, progressive, social media-focused, youth-oriented news organization started in 2012

:rolleyes: surprised??
It does not get high marks for fact checking either.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We watch a lot more of FOX Business than FOX because FOX has become so welcoming of Liberals like Donna Brazille.

Lou Dobbs and Stewart Varney are good. I like Laura Ingraham on FOX too. Sean Hannity tends to bloviate a lot, but he's pretty good. They are all Conservatives but I don't think they twist the truth. What they report is factual.

I never watch CNN or MSNBC because I just can't do it.

If you want to hear anything factual about Flynn, you have to watch FOX Business or FOX.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts