Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay! Be honest. How many of you go out for a nice quiet dinner and dislike the thought of strapping on that big ol' 45 slabsides since you're in a nice part of town or it's REALLY HOT outside or whatever. So you look around furtively and slip a NAA mini .22 or a .25 or even a small .380 into an ankle holster? C'mon...we ALL do it now and then! I admit to carrying the NAA mini 22 and then thinking during dinner that if I have to confront a BG in the parking lot he's gonna laugh himself to death looking at this teeeeeeny little barrel sticking only one inch out of my fist. In fact, I just determine that in order to do any good, I'm going to have to close to contact range and jam that barrel right into his eyeball before I pull the trigger. That's one reason I load this mousegun with .22 TRACER rounds.

C'mon, y'all FESS UP!!! Bumper???

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't go anywhere without my Kel Tec P32.

·
Registered
60 Posts
mouseguns

I carried my P-32 as a backup everyday to my 1911. I never found it uncomfortable to carry a 1911 in a bellyband under a suit or whatever. I have since aquired a Rohrbaugh R9s which has taken the place of the P-32. It can be strictly mindset. I know sometimes it is uncomfortable, however as Clint Smith says it is suppose to comforting not necessarily comfortable.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
ExSoldier762 said:
C'mon, y'all FESS UP!!! Bumper???
I don't carry anything but a single 1911. Not because I don't want to, it's just a secondary priority that I haven't gotten around to addressing yet. I want something small but I want something with punch. I expect I will wind up with a PPK, a CZ RAMI, a Kahr or something along those lines.... :confused:

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try This ($$$)?

Bumper said:
I don't carry anything but a single 1911. Not because I don't want to, it's just a secondary priority that I haven't gotten around to addressing yet. I want something small but I want something with punch. I expect I will wind up with a PPK, a CZ RAMI, a Kahr or something along those lines.... :confused:
https://shop.cylinder-slide.com/ccp51/cgi-bin/cp-app.pl?usr=51F7076416&rnd=4567565&rrc=N&affl=&cip=65.34.154.19&act=&aff=&pg=prod&ref=13&cat=36&catstr=HOME:8:36

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
ExSoldier762 said:
Try This ($$$)?
I'm sure those are worth every penny to the right person but I'm not that person. I wouldn't buy a 1911 shorter than 4" and it's not likely I would buy anything but a 5". Any BUG I buy will have to be reasonably priced; $2700 isn't reasonable for me.... :wink:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I have three main meeses!! R9, P3AT and NAA mini 22 mag. P3AT is rarely used now - but R9 is often BUG in pocket or ankle. NAA is wonderful when really pushed - as it can so easily be ''lost'', somewhere! I have a Bersa Thunder too which can be considered but that IMO is gettin' heavy and not true ''mouse''!

I'll do all I can to not go down in size below my SP-101 snub, but my meeses do give the option to at least have ''something'' on board regardless of how little clothing.

In fact, I do not feel too disadvantaged at all even if R9 is all I have - but that ain't often.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Bumper and I've had this discussion a few times, about the Mauser Hsc .380 I've got. It was my first semi-auto, so there is a sentimentality associated with it, but....it hurts my hand to shoot it....definitely not one for a long day at the range, but as a backup for those "close encounters", a .380 cartridge will give a decent punch. It is small enough that it fits nicely in most any pants pocket.

ExSoldier762 - If the BG does in fact "die laughing" then you've met your objective...LOL !

·
Registered
940 Posts
I replaced the Beretta Tomcat I used to carry as a BUG with my S&W 296 .44 special. It weighs about as much as the Tomcat, I lose three rounds but go up from .32 to .44.

If I need an absolutely concealable mousegun, I'll carry a .38 double-barrelled derringer.

I own a .25 Zastava "Z Pistole" but it's mostly just to be cute - I won't rely on it for self-defense.

The instances where I can't carry my Sig 226 are few and VERY far between - but the smaller guns are kept in the safe for those few.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I really do want one mouse gun, and I'm constantly tempted to buy one.

But the more I think about it the less use I can see for it. I bought my 642 because it's so darn easy to carry. And in any pocket I carry a gun in, I will carry a holster and the gun and nothing else. It takes the same amount of space to carry that snubby as it does that mouse gun.

I think I'm better off saving my money for now and finding a full size gun that works for a carry piece and letting the 642 be the backup gun. I know I'm very confident carrying and shooting the 642 so it was a great first choice because it will get me used to the idea of always having one on me.

Now eventually I will get a houldout piece but I want it for a backup to a backup.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
yep, occasionally do carry my NAA. 22 only. But usually take something bigger.

·
Administrator
143,592 Posts
A Few Meese

A NAA .22 & a Walther PPK/S .380
I want one of those R9s though !!!
I want one so bad I can almost taste it. :essen:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
QK - did ya check out the links I gave elsewhere, on R9 tests? Should provide you with some extra info.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
:a36a: I've got a Beretta Tomcat 32, had a Autauga 32 stainless(looks like the NAA 32) OMC Backup 380, (with corbons) and a few others (seecamp25,32 model, bryco 32, raven 25 (who hasn't had one of those in his or her time (just cuz they really work well) and a Walther PPK/PPKS or Mauser HSC 380.. heyyyy I'm not afraid to "fess up" cuz either way, it's better than nothing at all. <laughing out loud> :a36a:

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
I don't carry any thing other than my 1911's at any time, ever. my primary is my full size and my BUG is my kimber CDP compact.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I have NAA Guardian in 32, for when no other options are possible.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I mostly carry a Glock 36, but I can carry my Kahr PM9 or S&W 638 in a pocket holster or under a shirt anywhere in any weather. Why carry a mousegun?

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
FLM said:
I mostly carry a Glock 36, but I can carry my Kahr PM9 or S&W 638 in a pocket holster or under a shirt anywhere in any weather. Why carry a mousegun?
#1. Discretion. Sometimes one decides their life is more important and the slim margin of discretion such a gun provides is comforting. Enough said. That and failure to conceal is a pretty serious crime in this state at least.

#2. As a hold out piece. Putting one on your body somewhere besides your primary carry position gives you another option. It's the same reason I carry 2 or 3 knives.

#3. Unusual carry methods. I know a woman who carries an NAA .22 WMR in her brassiere. The small size of these guns lends to some creative thinking.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts