Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and saw iron man 3 yesturday (awesome movie by the way) and something about going to the theatre made me on edge. So I upgraded. Instead of my ruger sp101 .357 I carried my full size berreta 90-two .40 with an extra mag. Overkill... maybe. Am I paranoid about the whole movie theatre thing?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Went and saw iron man 3 yesturday (awesome movie by the way) and something about going to the theatre made me on edge. So I upgraded. Instead of my ruger sp101 .357 I carried my full size berreta 90-two .40 with an extra mag. Overkill... maybe. Am I paranoid about the whole movie theatre thing?

No.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Nope, you are not paranoid.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
Nope, just well heeled.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
I'm stunned! You actually carried into a movie theatre and nothing happened? The skies did not darken and you were not smote with lightning? Surely you jest, because we all know carrying into a movie theatre brings about death and mayhem! Just ask Doofus Feinstein.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts

I also scale up when going out among the masses.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I always carry into movie theaters. I usually carry an Asp as well as pepper spray and a flashlight in addition to a spar mag. I don't see any reason to not carry in a theater.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'm stunned! You actually carried into a movie theatre and nothing happened? The skies did not darken and you were not smote with lightning? Surely you jest, because we all know carrying into a movie theatre brings about death and mayhem! Just ask Doofus Feinstein.
I don't believe it either. I'll be watching at 11:00 to see the story.

·
Registered
42,916 Posts
IMO, the fact you felt you have to "upgrade" to higher capacity simply because you were going to a movie says yes.

Reactions: Jetfuelrm

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
Is there really such a thing as over kill?
I don't know...How bout bringin a 4 shot AT rocket launcher like Rae Dawn Chong did in the movie COMMANDO w/Aw-nold....??

·
Registered
42,916 Posts
Shockingly, Utah passed legislation criminalizing ccw in movie theaters. So in all Utah movie theaters are restricted in the same manner as federal buildings an court houses. My stance: always carry never tell.
So what you just stated on a public forum is you are now a non-law abiding criminal?

Reactions: Bad Bob

·
Premium Member
37,430 Posts
Great.

Nothing about Aurora changed my carrying habits.
Me, either. My biggest changes came with Carson City, and a shoot-out here involving a deputy, Brandon Moore.

·
Premium Member
8,790 Posts
I do not go anywhere armed that I would not go unarmed.

A corollary is that I will not go anywhere with extra armaments if I will not go there will my every day carry.

So, perhaps you need to upgrade your every day carry to be comfortable. Otherwise I must say your decision does not make sense to me - if you feel you must have "extra firepower" to feel safe to attend a venue, why on earth would you go there?

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
No, not paranoid. Rationally and reasonably circumspect.

Rhetorical question for everyone: What makes you think a theatre is any more or less susceptible to an armed violent felon walking in? It's no different than a restaurant, the busy corner at lunch hour, the mall or anywhere else. And with the recent flamboyant murder spree the Aurora orange-head committed, it's entirely possible for there to be some stewing copycats out there.

Anytime, anywhere. Be armed. Be safe.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Shockingly, Utah passed legislation criminalizing ccw in movie theaters. So in all Utah movie theaters are restricted in the same manner as federal buildings an court houses.
That is pretty ridiculous. As if a theatre is any safer than any other publicly-accessible venue, as if there is anything else protecting a person there if stripped of the ability to remain armed. Dumb x2.

·
Registered
42,916 Posts
"What makes you think a theatre is any more or less susceptible to an armed violent felon walking in? It's no different than a restaurant, the busy corner at lunch hour, the mall or anywhere else."

My point exactly.

Reactions: ccw9mm
1 - 20 of 72 Posts