Defensive Carry banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the LGS where we were picking up our new bundle of joy.

Smith & Wesson Model 40, nickel plated .38 Special lemon squeezer.

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

I like the contrast on the ejector rod.

Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol Leather

And next to my Glock 26 for comparison.

Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Starting pistol

1 7/8" barrel, +P rated. Can't wait to get it out to the range.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Sharp !!!! been a looooooong time since I have looked at wheel guns..I have a 26 also and your pic next to the 26 was a surprise to me...would never have though the S&W would have been larger but it sure looks it. would love to see a pic of the S&W on top of the 26 if you can do that without damage to either one.

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As you wish...

Revolver Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol

The pic is a little deceiving.... with them muzzle to muzzle the grip safety on the Smith is actually even with the rearmost bottom part of the Glock's handle. The handle is about 1/4" - 3/8" longer than the Glock. Very close in size, kind of surprised me as well.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
As you wish...

View attachment 74666

The pic is a little deceiving.... with them muzzle to muzzle the grip safety on the Smith is actually even with the rearmost bottom part of the Glock's handle. The handle is about 1/4" - 3/8" longer than the Glock. Very close in size, kind of surprised me as well.
Thank you.....as I said I am surprised.......I guess the J frames have to be larger for the grip but for the life of me I don't know why. Thanks again...great pic......

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another comparison shot

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

Sandwiched between the King Cobra and a Taurus 85.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The shop here had one and I wanted it pretty bad but he was just way to high on it for some reason. I have always liked the cool looks of that model but have never had one...yet. Hope it works out good for you. May you always shoot it for fun.

·
Super Moderator
19,385 Posts
Congratulations, the Model 40 is one the finest pocket carry revolvers ever made.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.