Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
I'll bet those poll results will never make the Rachel Mad-Lib show!

·
Registered
33,920 Posts
So as of 0900, it's 678K for yes, 26K for no. Yep, Beto is right on with his numbers...

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Or they'll say the poll "was brigaded by right wing trolls". Always a cop out when a poll doesn't go their way.
As do "we". Look at the Fox San Antonio poll and skewed numbers from NJ. https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/news-good-bad-ugly/463252-fox-san-antonio-poll-should-government-able-take-your-guns.html

When the results are counter to what we expect, we likewise poo poo the results. It's just like Corey Booker's 90% of all Americans want UBCs. One can cherry pick any poll that supports their position as proof of what they said is true.

Reactions: sdprof and Rooster

·
Registered
188 Posts
Was:
581 thousand votes.
Yes! The Second Amendment guarantees it. 538k votes
No, it's too dangerous. 22k votes
Only for self defense. 21k votes

Now:
735 thousand votes.
Yes! The Second Amendment guarantees it. 683k votes
No, it's too dangerous. 27k votes
Only for self defense. 25k votes

Reactions: Rockymonster

·
Registered
356 Posts
Belief in a fundamental right to protect oneself is highly supported on the left, so I am not surprised at all by these pole results. But there are two differences. First, politicians and powerful corporations can not allow any agreement between left and right. It is the wedge that keeps them in power and/or profitable. So they will blow the differences up to gigantic sizes instead of trying to find common ground (like it used to be in the good old days...).

There are differences between right and left that prevent us from finding common ground. These differences are the news each side watches, politicians and powerful corporations.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Come on folks it's fake news. As of right now they have 750k votes there aren't 750k people watching MSNBC. And does that little balloon at the bottom mean "comments " because if it does then only 600 or so comments from over .75 million voters also feels off. Oh and yes it will never see the light of day.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Mere fact they put out polls like that sets me off. This means yet another push for democracy. And democracy is a dictatorship of majority over minority. Two volves and a rabbit are voting what they will have for dinner.
Hmmmm, what if it's 2 rabbits and a wolf voting on dinner? Me thinks the wolf would soon be alone. :twak:
Democracy is, as you say, not all it's cracked up to be!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Question 3 got me, only for self defense.
Why else?
That one stood out to me too, but for a different reason. It looked like an attempt to split the "yes." if the respondents are evenly split on a choice, then the opposing position has a better chance of winning, even when it is not the most popular.

Basically, they were trying to get the result they wanted instead of a fair poll. Considering that, it is funny how far the poll is skewed to one side.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
The MSM is going to completely ignore this poll, and we know why.

Reactions: G-man* and OD*
21 - 40 of 64 Posts