Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote this post on my phone, forgive me for the lack of thoroughness, appropiate formatting, grammar/spelling mistakes, and lack of thumbnails.

I recently purchased a comp-tac MTAC for my current carry gun, which is a stoeger cougar. Although comptac does not make a kydex shell specifically for the cougar, I figured that I'd take a gamble and buy the 92fs version suspecting the cougar would fit (judging by photos/dimensions it appeared that both guns have the same trigger guard shape, and thickness).

I received my holster today and here are my thoughts:

- High Quality - the leather and kydex are extremely sturdy and the holster is an excellnt piece of craftsmanship.
- Amazing retention - even though I'm putting a cougar in a 92fs shell, the gun fits inside the shell and the retention is very good. It takes a very deliberate draw on my part to remove the weapon from the holster. The retention is adjustable, there are two Allen screws you can adjust to decrease/increase the retention.
- Stability - the holster stays firmly in place, as does the gun. This is excellent as my previous IWB holster was a don Hume 715 mwc open top. The Hume was not stable, it would move on all axes and sometimes come close to unclipping itself from my belt.
- Cant - I'm absolutely thrilled by the fact that the cant is adjustable!

In conclusion this holster has made my big heavy gun a dream to carry and conceal. The quality, retention, stability and cant adjustability make this an amazing holster. That and the fact that I can buy new shells for each gun I purchase is also amazing. I will never need to buy another holster again!

First photo is standard FBI cant

a191bb6c.jpg picture by zbztq - Photobucket

second photo is a more extreme cant that I configured.

e2bdefcd.jpg picture by zbztq - Photobucket

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Sounds like a winner. Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Glad you like it, MTAC's are great... :hand10:

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have MTAC and Supertuck. I like them both. I am partial to the Supertuck because it is easier to reholster the pistol than the MTAC

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I love my MTAC for my XD40. Once I got the cant and depth adjusted relative to the top of my waistband, it settled in perfectly. Very comfortable and stable with great retention for all day wear. Great product.

Cheers!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have both Mtac and Supertuck. I like them both. However, I am partial to my Crossbreed Supertuck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the SuperTuck and the MTAC, as well. I prefer the ST for my Glock 26 because it is easier to reholster and I hear an audible click when the gun is seated all the way into the holster. No matter how tight I make the MTAC, I do not get the same click.

They are both very comfortable once the gun is in place and I do not have a problem wearing either of them all day.

TxGun

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have MTAC and Supertuck. I like them both. I am partial to the Supertuck because it is easier to reholster the pistol than the MTAC
They make the Supertuck specifically for the Cougar as well, which is the gun I will be picking up. That is why I'm buying Supertuck

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nice review and write-up! I'm in complete agreement that the MTAC is a great holster with fantastic features...absolutely love mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts