Defensive Carry banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Might start wearing my plate carrier under one of my older shirts. Along with the usual complement. And I don't think that anyone will take any more notice of me than they did when I was fifty pounds heavier.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
The funny thing is that with modern microcontrollers, servos, and such, it would be entirely possible to make one of those into a "fully automatic" muzzleloader... Fire rate would be measured in "rounds per hours" though (and not be particularly great)... :)
It’d weigh about 200 pounds, too, and be the size of a 1965 console TV set. ;)

It’d also carry enough black powder to blow up that Krogers outright.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The funny thing is that with modern microcontrollers, servos, and such, it would be entirely possible to make one of those into a "fully automatic" muzzleloader... Fire rate would be measured in "rounds per hours" though (and not be particularly great)... :)
As a muzzleloader enthusiast myself and somewhat of a history buff I've read that back in the day when a flintlock was the standard military firearm a good rifleman could fire 4 shots in one minute. That's hard for me to wrap my brain around, but then I've never had to shoot mine while taking fire. I'm guessing that would add a little urgency to the situation.

·
Premium Member
39,186 Posts
I'm out of ways to explain this my friend :)
Mass shootings almost always involve semi-automatic handguns and/or rifles. They occur with very predictable regularity. They always get reported extensively if they follow the anti-gun story board. The story board places great significance on white shooters, not so much on Black or Islamic. Significance is always attached to school shootings. The left always responds the same, with anger, indignation and demands that the same well-worn yet ineffective solutions get implemented--semi-auto bans, UBCs, etc.

"Gun rights" advocates responses are similarly predictable--this makes us all look bad, find insignificant details to seize and expound on (criminal history, illegal possession of the guns involved, etc).

Every time an event happens, concerns such as yours get voiced on forums like this one. Over and over and over again. It got old for me some time ago, as nothing new ever emerges. Just the same ol', same ol', ad nauseum.

Reactions: Arejay

·
Premium Member
39,186 Posts
Well, Sparkle, what'll we talk about NOW?!!!
9mm vs. 45?
OC vs. CCW?
Are eight rounds enough?
The Dems gonna take our guns!
Shall not be infringed!!!
I support the 2nd Amendment, but...

·
Registered
10,966 Posts
I thought you were joking. But his name really is UK Thang.
Not an angry white man, which is why it took a day to get the name.
And probably why this thread is the only mention of this incident I have seen on both the internet and tv.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
9mm vs. 45?
OC vs. CCW?
Are eight rounds enough?
The Dems gonna take our guns!
Shall not be infringed!!!
I support the 2nd Amendment, but...
We need another three pages before I really start wading in here.
Topic: How about being up front, full disclosure about why one carries what they do.
Example:
What gets posted, "meets my needs" referring to a pocket 380/38
What aint getting posted, "If I couldn't stick it in my pocket and carry I wouldn't carry".
If questioned about "meets my needs" more likely to get statistics than full disclosure.
Further questions may lead to "why do you care". Care same as they did to post vague.
Invariably this will lead to someone to claim nonsensical "caliber war". amiright

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I certainly c.a.n.t.
Mass shootings almost always involve semi-automatic handguns and/or rifles. They occur with very predictable regularity. They always get reported extensively if they follow the anti-gun story board. The story board places great significance on white shooters, not so much on Black or Islamic. Significance is always attached to school shootings. The left always responds the same, with anger, indignation and demands that the same well-worn yet ineffective solutions get implemented--semi-auto bans, UBCs, etc.

"Gun rights" advocates responses are similarly predictable--this makes us all look bad, find insignificant details to seize and expound on (criminal history, illegal possession of the guns involved, etc).

Every time an event happens, concerns such as yours get voiced on forums like this one. Over and over and over again. It got old for me some time ago, as nothing new ever emerges. Just the same ol', same ol', ad nauseum.
If you c.a.n.t , then I certainly c.a.n.t.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Invariably this will lead to someone to claim nonsensical "caliber war". amiright
If you're not carrying at least a 20mm, then you are not truly prepared... :)

BTW, I actually have powder to reload 20mm and have used it...

In a handgun, no less...

·
Registered
701 Posts
Reactions: demanic

·
Registered
23 Posts

Fair enough

·
Registered
292 Posts
mass shooting with a blunderbuss any one?? glass nails and stones makes birdshot look kind

61 - 78 of 78 Posts