Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Banned
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me why your anything is better than my G29 10mm for self defense.

Before you answer, I can knock the testes off a gnat at 70 yards with my G29, in addition to vaporizing the testes off a two legged malcontent at 7 yards.

Reactions: Rooster

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
For SD, I'd prefer the 20 or 40. Now, if you're talking CC.....

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
For SD I prefer my 20SF over my 29SF, less recoil & more bullets.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have no reply to this!

Before you answer, I can knock the testes off a gnat at 70 yards with my G29, in addition to vaporizing the testes off a two legged malcontent at 7 yards.

Reactions: 2ndunamended

·
Registered
10,820 Posts
Because if you have your G29, then that means I dont have it, and since the gun you have is better than the one you dont, that means that any gun must be better, for the rest of us than you G29. There...that was easy.

Unless you reload you are really just ******* in the wind with that 29. Might as well just carry a 40.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Why is that? (Im not a 10mm guy)

·
Premium Member
38,999 Posts

What the heck...

Glock 19

·
Premium Member
38,999 Posts
Most factory 10mm is loaded to .40 levels, that and the short barrel on the G29 means he isn't taking advantage of the 10mm, anyway.
What most ammo manufacturers did with the 10mm offerings is a travesty.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Unless you reload you are really just whizzing in the wind with that 29. Might as well just carry a 40.

Oh really? If that is a fact, I invite you to show me a .40S&W factory load that will push a 180 grain JHP at 1300 real-world FPS out of a box-stock Glock 22. I run an Underwood load that does exactly that in my Glock 20.

If you're not able to meet that challenge, then I invite you to express your opinions in a more constructive manner. Perhaps one that doesn't tell someone that their stated choice is whizzing in the wind".

·
Premium Member
38,999 Posts
Oh really? If that is a fact, I invite you to show me a .40S&W factory load that will push a 180 grain JHP at 1300 real-world FPS out of a box-stock Glock 22. I run an Underwood load that does exactly that in my Glock 20.

If you're not able to meet that challenge, then I invite you to express your opinions in a more constructive manner. Perhaps one that doesn't tell someone that their stated choice is whizzing in the wind".
Except for a couple high dollar offerings, one of which you mentioned, ammo manufacturers in general castrated the 10mm down to forty cal performances.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts

First of all the OP ask for an opinion. I'm simply stating it.

Factory 10mm ammo is generally week. Boutique ammo suppliers like underwood, buffalo bore, and a few others do load the 10 like it should be loaded. That is not typical over the shelf ammo. They also load a hot 40 180 grain at 1100 FPS. You are going to lose significant velocity in the short barrel 10mm anyway. So if you don't load I think the glock 29 and the 20 for that matter is a waste. If you do load it opens the door wide open.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts

Because I will have my 9mm with me.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts