Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the north part of town for a business meeting and decided to stop into a shop that is known for high-end 1911's.
Well, I was currently on the market for 1 of 3 Sig's (239, 229, 228) but just couldn't decide.
I browsed through their collection and noticed a nice P228 in the case.
I asked to check it out. It felt great and I knew this was the gun for me.
Then, I noticed something that sealed the deal...the price was $669 w/ night sights and 2-13 round mags!
It was used but in MINT condition. Not a mark on this beautiful gun.

I immediately purchased the gun and a decent kydex IWB holster. I then went to the office and ordered an MTAC for it. Drove to the range and ran a couple boxes through her.

WHAT A FIREARM! Extremely accurate, very smooth and comfortable. I can conceal it well with the single clip kydex holster, so I am assuming it will be even better with the MTAC.

After my range experience, I knew I made the right choice. I shot more accurately than I have with any other handgun, pointed it more naturally, and had very immediate follow-up shots on target. :danceban:

·
Super Moderator
25,535 Posts
Congrats, and welcome to the SIG Club! :yup:

Bet you can't buy just one! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Very sweet!

I'm in the market for a Sig myself and am in the middle of my research!

Looks like the 228 is in the running!

I just found this review on line Sig P228

Thanks for posting about your new find!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Congrats!!:danceban:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I've had my 228 for about 11 years and it's still going strong. No problems at all.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Sounds like you got a great deal

·
Registered
797 Posts
Now you're in the same situation that I'm in. Trying to decide on your *next* Sig!

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Congrats on your new SIG pistol! I have one.....the rest are Glock!

·
Registered
112 Posts
congrats on the Sig, they really are great guns. I have the P226 and a P229 and love them. I've never had the chance to handle a P228, isn't the only difference between it and a P229 the rail and the mag is single stack?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
You will find that Sigs get lonely and like to have the company of other Sigs around them. So to keep your new friend happy, you should start looking for a playmate.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new pistola :congrats:
Remember...

:worthless:

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Aww, man! I was hoping to see pictures.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here are some quick photos:

congrats on the Sig, they really are great guns. I have the P226 and a P229 and love them. I've never had the chance to handle a P228, isn't the only difference between it and a P229 the rail and the mag is single stack?
The mag is double stack (13 rounds). I believe the slide is the main difference. Someone with more knowledge may have a better answer.

You will find that Sigs get lonely and like to have the company of other Sigs around them. So to keep your new friend happy, you should start looking for a playmate.
Dooood! You are a bad influence. I already wanted 3 other Sig firearms. I think a P220 Carry for Christmas.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts