Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had it for about 1 1/2 years now. A nice light Carbon 15 Bushmaster, heavily modified from the original configuration. Yankee Hill flip up front and rear sights & free float hand guard, pencil profile fluted barrel, CAR type collap. stock, eagle 3 pt,. sling and tac point red dot.

added by QKS

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Now we can see that nice Evil Rifle

Nice Rocky!
You did some nice mods on that.
Great Bushy "Common Sense Practical" & very Serious Bad looking!
:congrats:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Rocky, your AR is awesome, you guy's are killing me with all these cool AR's you have been posting. :congrats:

I haven't jump on the wagon yet cause I don't know a whole lot about them, I'm learning. :aargh4:

Ti.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
That is one very nice and cool rifle there Rocky. Few $$$$'s tied up there I'll bet!

I'll wager that is one gun you will NOT be parting with any time soon :wink: Thx for showing that - I must wipe off some drool now, if you'll excuse me :18:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Back in 1983, I gave $325 for an AR. I sold it long ago and often wish I still had it.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
P95Carry said:
That is one very nice and cool rifle there Rocky. Few $$$$'s tied up there I'll bet!

I'll wager that is one gun you will NOT be parting with any time soon :wink: Thx for showing that - I must wipe off some drool now, if you'll excuse me :18:
Nope, i have only sold 1 gun in my life. When I bought the AR , the salemans asked if I wanted the cardboard box, as it would be worth more if I sold it. Told him to keep the box.

thanks Qkshooter, for the pic. fixing.
Even loaded , the gun weights about 7 lbs. Not too bad, considering 1 lb. is a 30 rnd mag of ammo.

·
Super Moderator
22,006 Posts
Looks good, Rocky.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Rocky ,does being a southpaw ever give you problems with shooting your rifle?I see there are left handed upper receivers being made now !Although I am not sure if they are compatible with your carbon 15 lower receiver.Nice weapon great for scaring the :sheep:

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have had a few peices of brass slip down the shirt, so added a brass deflecrtor bigger than the original. Otherwise the AR is set up for ambi use. I converted my safety to the RT side of the lower for ease of use too.
I am somewhat intrested in the Stag uppers, and they should fit , no problem with a carbon lower. Will see, I may build another AR w/ the LH upper.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Very nice Rocky. Don't you just love how easy they are to take apart for cleaning! I'm surprised you dont have a dbl mag connector.

They are a hoot to shoot!!

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
los said:
Very nice Rocky. Don't you just love how easy they are to take apart for cleaning! I'm surprised you dont have a dbl mag connector.

They are a hoot to shoot!!
I tried , but the due light weight of the Carbon 15 the spare mag . would lose ammo during the recoil impulse.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
rocky said:
I tried , but the due light weight of the Carbon 15 the spare mag . would lose ammo during the recoil impulse.
You could try using a mag cover on the loaded spare to eliminate that problem, but that would add an extra step of having to take the cover off before insertion. .

They sell for $7.50 for a set of four and can be found at: www.bushmaster.com

Nonetheless, your AR is a fine looking weapon!

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a tac vest that hold mags and provides for a fairly quick reload. The mag covers just seem liek something to forget to remove while in use. Kinda like a muzzle cover.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Euclidean said:
Rocky, I am looking at your rifle and trembling in fear at what I'll have mine looking like in 2 years.
yeah, and I have been holding back on putting all the mods. on it. You should see my buddies 13 lb. Carbine. the tactical blender for smoothies weight alot.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts