Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has been working on this for several years, designing a 12 gauge shotgun based on a DPMS 308 receiver set. I have been offering technical advice since the beginning and am eagerly awaiting my demo set. I think it would be an awesome shotgun for LE, HD, 3 gun etc.

Wilkinson Tactical

The only picture I have right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
My brother has been working on this for several years, designing a 12 gauge shotgun based on a DPMS 308 receiver set. I have been offering technical advice since the beginning and am eagerly awaiting my demo set. I think it would be an awesome shotgun for LE, HD, 3 gun etc.

Wilkinson Tactical

The only picture I have right now.
Does he have a price point yet?

·
Registered
33,896 Posts
Me like. The weight distribution with 10 rounds (or 5) would be much better than having the rounds strung out under the length of the barrel.

·
Premium Member
4,239 Posts
Me like. The weight distribution with 10 rounds (or 5) would be much better than having the rounds strung out under the length of the barrel.
My VR80 balances pretty well even with the twenty round drum. Much quicker swing with the five round mag.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I know I'm a pain in the butt ..... and I'm also really getting stir crazy bored.
But I re-wrote his first paragraph for him:

The Wilkinson Tactical line of shotguns and rifles presents an unparalleled level of performance and reliability.

We partner with industry leading suppliers: all our bolt carrier groups are Fail Zero proprietary EXO process Nickel Boron plated. We couple them with a MIL-PRF-46010 Class2 Dry Film lubricant bonded permanently to the inside of the upper receiver. That means you get never fail performance from an upper you never oil and clean with just a tissue – round after round.

Upper receivers, Lower receivers, and handguards are all MIL-A-8625 Type III anodize finish.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I should add though ..... I really like his shottie.
Comments above are correct, it's likely going to be an easy weapon to use.

·
Registered
12,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does he have a price point yet?
Yes.

The basic shotgun is MSRP $2038 and the Premium is MSRP $2358, The CR12Pi (pistol) is the same price as the premium. The advantage to the American consumer is American veteran owned and made.

·
Registered
12,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good idea @Bad Bob, I wish your brother well with his endeavor. I will eagerly await the production and offering. It would be really interesting to go quail hunting with one of my friends and pull this out instead of my light 20 gauge. Now I'm wondering where my 12 gauge Winchokes are stashed.
We are in production now. If you have a retailer that wishes to be a dealer, I can help with that also.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yes.

The basic shotgun is MSRP $2038 and the Premium is MSRP $2358, The CR12Pi (pistol) is the same price as the premium. The advantage to the American consumer is American veteran owned and made.
Sounds reasonable, especially considering it is American veteran owned and made. It is definitely something for me to consider. Thank your brother for his service for me. Do you know if he'll be selling just a complete upper assembly?

·
Registered
12,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds reasonable, especially considering it is American veteran owned and made. It is definitely something for me to consider. Thank your brother for his service for me. Do you know if he'll be selling just a complete upper assembly?
Currently, the only way to get the shotgun upper to to purchase the whole gun.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts

Wilkinson Tactical

From the brochure...

Imagine transition from 12-gauge shotgun to a tactical or long-range precision rifle in seconds with no tools needed.

That really got my attention, I LOVE it.

If you are interested in potential customer feedback, consider putting that sentence in the Ad heading.

Best of luck.

(Just for fun, pencil OV down for a couple.)

·
Registered
10,851 Posts
Any testing on deformation of the shells if left loaded in the mag over time? That seemed to be an issue when the AK shotguns were the latest thing. Plastic shells were designed for tubular mags, not vertical mags.

Interesting, I wish him well.

BTW, it’s a muzzle “brake.” Don’t want to be a grammar nazi, but at over $2k per you want to give the impression that attention is paid to the details.

Good luck, look forward to a range report.

·
Registered
33,896 Posts

(Just for fun, pencil OV down for a couple.)

I'm paying for them with the stamp money I'm saving on Christmas cards. You just made the first down payment.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts