Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Since i used to live in cal. for 30 or so years , what reason did you put down for need a CCW in calfi......I'v heard its like a act of congress to get one in california .

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you can prove you shoot 2 to 3 times a week in orange county, calif that works for sheriff corona. hes a big time shooter handguns, sporting clays, trap he even has a thing once a year at the range called shooting with the sheriff. you get to hang out and shoot with him. very pro gun. but now that we already got off topic in one single post lets get back to the real topic of how long till my prints will come back from doj and fbi?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the phone call

well my dad called me at work and said the sheriffs dept called and that they wanted me to call them so i did and i got the gals voice mail i am sitting at my desk just waiting for her to call and tell me to go to the training class witch i have already done over the weekend. all that will be left is the weapons inspection and pay another 100 bucks and i get the permit. the suspense is killing me i might actually be able to cary a gun in california by the end of the week.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Strikes me sometimes, ''delays'' after printing are mostly down a department's willingness to get on with the whole deal.!!

Hope you get a call telling you what you want to hear.

·
Registered
568 Posts
cnc_marine said:
well my dad called me at work and said the sheriffs dept called and that they wanted me to call them so i did and i got the gals voice mail i am sitting at my desk just waiting for her to call and tell me to go to the training class witch i have already done over the weekend. all that will be left is the weapons inspection and pay another 100 bucks and i get the permit. the suspense is killing me i might actually be able to cary a gun in california by the end of the week.

Are you allowed to have a loaded handgun in reach of the driver in a car in Cali with no CHL?
Hope you get your CHL soon. Since you do already have a CCW.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sig229 said:
Are you allowed to have a loaded handgun in reach of the driver in a car in Cali with no CHL?
Hope you get your CHL soon. Since you do already have a CCW.
negative. Unless you have a permit, your required to be an unarmed victim in the people's republic.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Since i used to live in cal. for 30 or so years , what reason did you put down for need a CCW in calfi......I'v heard its like a act of congress to get one in california .
This is not necessarily true depending on the county you live in. For me it was an interview, livescan, background and neighborhood check then a range qualification, all throughout the process, giving the county multiple money orders for varying amounts. The biggest thing was the wait. Total time start to finish for me was 7 months. I live in san bernardino county, and applied just after the shooting we had here in Dec 2015.. Apparently so did a lot of others. In hearing now that the wait time just to get an interview in my county is over a year.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
712 Posts
Sounds very similar to what I went through in Long Island New York 35 years ago took me 18 months then. Here in Virginia you have to get an answer within 45 days if you don't your application is considered your permit until your permit is issued unless of course you're denied.

·
Registered
90 Posts
This is not necessarily true depending on the county you live in. For me it was an interview, livescan, background and neighborhood check then a range qualification, all throughout the process, giving the county multiple money orders for varying amounts. The biggest thing was the wait. Total time start to finish for me was 7 months. ...
Ditto for initial ... about 6-7 months. I live in Placer County. Renewals after class and qualification shoot is the time it takes to get your certificate from the instructor and get to the Sherif's Office. Things have changed in California in past decade ... this is an old thread ... and many counties are, 'Shall issue' now.

·
Registered
36,247 Posts
You guys do realize this is a 2006 post, don't you?

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
10 years is a long time to wait for a return phone call.

Reactions: cal44
1 - 13 of 13 Posts