Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I should say that I'm a martial arts instructor. I teach taijuitsu and jujuitsu to private students, security officers, local police, state police and Sherrifs agencies. I've also been into top-quality knives since I was about 12 years old, working a paper route so that I could buy not baseball cards, but a Spyderco Endura :) So here are the knives that I prefer to carry...

Leatherman Wave - The tool that I use the most. I don't use any of my pricey folders to cut boxes with, the Leatherman gets all utility work.

Spyderco Military - What more can I say than Spyderco perfection:)

Masters of Defense scorpion. This knife and sheath fits perfectly into the change inner pocket of any pair of jeans. I can pull it out and hold i in my hand, palmed and secured by my thumb and it's almost invisible, lightweight, razor sharp, double edged. Great blade.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
If I haven't said it already, welcome to the forum from Arkansas. Good looking knives. The scorpion looks great. I still carry an old Gerber mark 1.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Welcome :smilez:

I fully endorse the Wave - mine is a constant companion and used daily - not sure how I'd manage without it!

I downsized my carry knife a while back and just carry the small but effective Kershaw Scallion.

·
Administrator
143,810 Posts
ThatGunGuy
Thanks for posting the photos!
Our members love pictures...myself included.
Welcome to the forum. :usflag:
Join right in!
You can feel comfortable here...we have fantastic members.
They Are The Best! :yup:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Nice toys...especially the Scorpion.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Welcome to the boards! :yup:

Nice knives. Leathermans are great tools to have.

I had a Scorpion, but I felt it was too tiny for my hands, and I've got small hands. Did you cord wrap it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't paracord'ed the handle yet, but now I've got a project for the evening :)

Thanks for the welcome. Its ironic that my first post here is about knives when I came here for the guns :) I'd like to say that my REAL defense carry item is a SIG P229 .357SIG. I like bringing a gun to a knife fight ;)

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Carry a Benchmade. Knive is for other things than defense. If I got to use it for job/protection then things have gone bad, real bad, and backup is dead.

frankmako

·
Registered
20 Posts
I carry CRKT M21 on my right pocket and on my left beside my Surefire Defender is a Gerber gator folder knife and SOG multi-tool. I love knives If i'm on a mission I carry my S & W neck knife thanks and be safe.:smile:

·
Registered
700 Posts
I carry a CRKT M16. But I find I use it far too often for a box opener and a screwdriver.

If I need it for defense I must have been pretty stupid to let myself fall into that situation.

That scorpion sure is purty though. And I like that it's full tang, faster to implement when you need it. So let me get this straight, you carry in the small inner pocket on your right side? Doesn't the handle show?
Moot point for me though, since I'm a lefty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have tried to find the knife depicted in this post. I am unable to find the one with the "frame" style handle. Could you please tell me more info on it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Carry Knives

I carry on my duty belt- Benchmade auto Stryker- Camillus boot knife,off duty I carry Camillus boot knife and Camillus Robo power .

·
Registered
111 Posts
Benchmade Mini-Griptilian- my favorite EDC.

·
Registered
552 Posts
also if your looking for a hi end but usefull knif look up more maker oputa texas verry nice i have two of his a folding pocket knife and a roper wich is the strongest toughest knife i have ever used i also have a coupla bench mades that are verry nice

·
Registered
606 Posts
Im suprised to see no one mention Cold Steel on here. I carry a Cold Steel Recon everyday and its probably been one of, if not the best knife I've ever owned. Very durable.

·
Banned
1,438 Posts
i myself am a cold steel fan. i like them because of their economy in comparison to their quality. i have a few models: the mini gurkha, the scimitar folder, an imperial katana, the norse hawk, the trail hawk, the mini bushman, and the xl voyager.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts