Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
still playing with my new camera...:biggrin2:

I don't carry all of these at the same time but I do carry all of them...just depends on what I'm wearing, what I'm doing, etc.

Left column: CRKT Companion (double edged) and Spyderco Enduras

Right column: Another Companion (single-edged); a Cold Steel Ti-Lite, and a little cheapie "work knife"

Center: Cold Steel Safekeeper II

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Haha - Matt has gotten the pic-taking bug :wink:

Glad you have camera now - nice set of blades :smilez:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P95Carry said:
Haha - Matt has gotten the pic-taking bug :wink:

Glad you have camera now - nice set of blades :smilez:
whaaaaaaaat? :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Haha - just yankin your chain Matt - it is good to see you get some pics up :smilez:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I know...no worries :biggrin2:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rob72 said:
Jeez, let a guy buy a Dremel, and see what happens!:biggrin2:
Hey...Morgan from TPI did the first one for me, after I saw how it worked everything just went downhill. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
67 Posts
That's a pretty cool idea to modify the spyderco thumbhole. How's it work? I would imagine not much of the front of the hole would be used since you press up and more towards the rear with your thumb. Pretty cool.........I just picked up a few of the Beretta knives and like them alot....

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Really nice execution on the wave grind Matt. I didn't expect the blade spine to be ground down as well - I always assumed it just involved opening the hole. Really does give the blade a nice profile. How badly does that eat up the pocket seam though? I've got worn spots on all my Levi's just from the clips on my Benchmades, can't imagine what a wave would do.

Always wanted a good push dagger for weak side carry as well, unfortunately the TN Legislature doesn't trust us citizens with double edged knives (or autos, or "gravity" knives, etc) ... loaded handguns are fine but an "evil knife" might hurt someone. :rolleyes:
Jack

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
maclean3 said:
Really nice execution on the wave grind Matt. I didn't expect the blade spine to be ground down as well - I always assumed it just involved opening the hole. Really does give the blade a nice profile. How badly does that eat up the pocket seam though? I've got worn spots on all my Levi's just from the clips on my Benchmades, can't imagine what a wave would do.

Always wanted a good push dagger for weak side carry as well, unfortunately the TN Legislature doesn't trust us citizens with double edged knives (or autos, or "gravity" knives, etc) ... loaded handguns are fine but an "evil knife" might hurt someone. :rolleyes:
Jack
When I first started using the waved folders my jeans suffered a little from the numerous draws. Now that I've got it figured out, it's not too bad.

... loaded handguns are fine but an "evil knife" might hurt someone. Don'tcha just love politicians...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
maclean3 said:
Because of the chamfering on the thumbhole, and providing you polish down all hard edges where you cut, I think it's the least "wardrobe intensive" wave. Subjectively, more positive than the early Emersons (why I never went "wave", until I saw this cool mod on TPI!).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts