Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I carry the Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 ACP, 3\" barrel, Meprolight tritium sight, extended ambidextrous safety, match grade aluminum trigger, aluminum frame, stainless slide, double diamond rosewood grips and weighs in at 25 ounces. I love the carry bevel on this model that rounds & blends edges so the pistol doesn\'t grab or snag on clothes.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Kimber Ultra CDP II

How does it carry? I have always been tempted by the compact 1911s but have always wound up with a 4-5\" barrel. That is a beautiful piece of work.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kimber Ultra CDP II

It carries very well. It is relatively small and light but it does have moe recoil than a traditionally sized 1911.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
I will NEVER own a sub 4 inch 1911 again. I used to have a Springfield Armory \"micro\" .45 and it was \"JAM-A-MATIC from the get go. At first I thought it was my extractor and to a small degree, it was.

Then, the guys in my IDPA club all said that when the barrels go below 4 inches in a 1911, the design becomes inherently flawed. I wrote to Col Jeff Cooper and received a handwritten reply from HIM allowing that this indeed might be the case.

I also discovered that Wilson would do a \"Reliability Package\" on the gun for $100 BUT they would NOT guarantee their work on any micro 1911. That was enough for me.

I traded my Springfield Armory AND my POS ParaOrdnance P10 (with identical problems) for a really nice Sig P245 and I think I got an AWESOME deal for two used guns. Two used disfunctional weapons for one pristine SIG SAUER. I told the guy I traded the guns to that there were problems with both, but he dismissed my assertions. Hey, I did my duty now it\'s caveat emptor on the next guy.

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
I have been tempted by the small ones a time or two but I have never really found a reason to go below 4\". My full size and 4\" conceal equally well....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.