·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys think about my choice for my california ccw permit

springfield armory xd 40 tactical 5 inch for car and home
springfield armory xd 40 sub compact 3 inch
smith and wesson 442 .38 +p

being that the permit list the guns you can carry and serial numbers and yes i have been approved belive it or not in orange county calif

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Sounds good to me :smile:

I am sure Euc will applaud the XD choices, as well may others.

It is finally what works for you of course. I'd not feel in the least compromized with that fine selection!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
safety inspection

i just hope they all pass the safety inspection from the sheriffs dept i think they just chack to see if it has a 5lb trigger pull or better and that it hasnt been modified to compromise safety

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
personaly i would choose a slimmer 3" say a kahr p40 or pm40 depending on how compact i wanted , its nice to have a slim profile at times and imho double stacks feel like a comferting brick if i am trying to arm up in some dress codes as long as you'r willing to dress arround the gun a bit thoes are fine choices tho

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my style of carry

if i am just going to walk around at the mall and be real busy i will probably just carry the 442 most of the time and the sub compact will be like my dress up gun if i have a suit but i plan on carrying the revolver the most. i know its a .38 but if you hit the target center of mass i think a .38+p has enough power other wise cop of the old days would not have carried them. infact my freinds dad carried a .38 with the lapd till he retierd in 1995 and even had to shoot someone

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Virtualy any gun you can hit effectively with is " enough gun " we tend to subscribe to the cult of the gun enough , spend money foolishly on new hardware ect. when we should be spending it on ammo , training , and range time . ( At least that is how it works for me LOL )

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I'm impressed that you got the permit. You'll be like 1 in a million in OC carrying a gun. I lived there for over a year at El Toro. My wife has alot of family there also. I like that place.

Hope you don't have to use your gun, though. Way to many Anti's to deal with. If you have to go to a jury trial, they'll likely be the makeup.

BUT, I'm jealous. When I'm there, I sure do wish I had a pistol on me.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Give them a good shoot

I don't know anything about the springfield armory xd 40 sub compact 3 inch 1911s. But like any firearm you depend to protect you when push comes to shove I would give it a really good range shoot.

I have a Kimber 3" Ultra Carry and have not had any problems with it. Just to be on the safe side I ordered and installed a new recoil spring Assy. after the break in of about 800 rounds Kimber manual says it's good for 1800 but why take a chance. I also had the old spring Assy. rebuilt so now I have a range spring Assy. and a carry Assy.

Let us know how you'r guns shoot.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
HappyGunner said:
I don't know anything about the springfield armory xd 40 sub compact 3 inch 1911s. But like any firearm you depend to protect you when push comes to shove I would give it a really good range shoot.

I have a Kimber 3" Ultra Carry and have not had any problems with it. Just to be on the safe side I ordered and installed a new recoil spring Assy. after the break in of about 800 rounds Kimber manual says it's good for 1800 but why take a chance. I also had the old spring Assy. rebuilt so now I have a range spring Assy. and a carry Assy.

Let us know how you'r guns shoot.
I am hoping your just kidding about the XD40 sub compact 3 inch being a 1911! Right?

That gave me chill's up my spine!

Ti.

CNC! Any reliable, concealable weapon that you like and are comfortable with will serve you well.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Close enough for Government work

Like I said I don't know anything about springfield armory xd 40 sub compact 3 inch.:frown: That said I just call it a 1911:wave:

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
happ its closer to a glock than any 1911 bud , lol

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
like i said its a glock in sheeps clothing lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts