Defensive Carry banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Maybe I'm not looking right but it looks too big for the gun.

If you flipped that holster upside down would the revolver fall out?
It isn’t designed as a retention holster in that way (To retain a handgun by itself when off the body). It is an inside the waistband holster and the belt tension is where it gets its retention. The belt runs near the widest part of the revolver and places tension where it is needed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Maybe I'm not looking right but it looks too big for the gun.

If you flipped that holster upside down would the revolver fall out?
From the looks of it if it were any tighter or smaller it wouldn't fit the snubbie. I don't have that holster but do have a Galco sto n go that's leather and it's held in by the belt , also it has a piece of metal around the mouth for retention and registering

Sent from the dark side of the moon

·
Registered
928 Posts
I was looking at the P30SK yesterday and had one a few years ago. I am not a fan of the DA/SA on the HK, Sig or any of them for self defence.

The shop had a P30SK LEM in stock and once I figured out how it worked I think I really liked it. Probably a little learning curve but same pull every time. I just might go back and pick it up, always love the ergos of the HK's and am very much a hammer fired firearm guy.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I was looking at the P30SK yesterday and had one a few years ago. I am not a fan of the DA/SA on the HK, Sig or any of them for self defence.

The shop had a P30SK LEM in stock and once I figured out how it worked I think I really liked it. Probably a little learning curve but same pull every time. I just might go back and pick it up, always love the ergos of the HK's and am very much a hammer fired firearm guy.
I'm a huge fan of the DA/SA on my HKs. And, I don't care for the LEM whatsoever. I believe there is a learning curve to it as you mentioned but it just isn't my thing. I'm fine with my HKs which are both striker-fire and DA/SA. I have no issues with either due to carrying them for years now.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have never understood the idea of "rotation".
For SD purposes,I carry the same gun all the time and train with that gun.
If and when TSHTF,I do not want to shoot a gun with which I am not VERY familiar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If and when TSHTF,I do not want to shoot a gun with which I am not VERY familiar.
Good for you but God forbid your gun is incapacitated and you have to carry or use another in the interim or do you have multiple copies of the exact same gun? Also do you only wear one brand/style of pants, shoes, shirt every day without fail? If so hats off to you but I train with and carry what firearms I have to remain familiar with them.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
195 Posts
Good for you but God forbid your gun is incapacitated and you have to carry or use another in the interim or do you have multiple copies of the exact same gun? Also do you only wear one brand/style of pants, shoes, shirt every day without fail? If so hats off to you but I train with and carry what firearms I have to remain familiar with them.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Actually.YES.
I wear different clothes every day but they normally all allow me to CC pretty easily.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I didn't have a rotation until after I had to send a handgun in for warranty work.
Weeks without a second gun and had to revert back to only knife carry. I swore I would never be unarmed again.
Now, I have multiple handguns that I carry depending on what I'm doing.
I train and shoot all of them.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts