Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I love my spyderco knives as well, my edc is the manix 2.

Reactions: JD

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Nice! I re-sharpened my Spyderco (Perrin) Street Bowie only yesterday. My Endura Wave in my my pocket...right now!

Reactions: TacticalEnigma

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just bought a yojimbo 2 today will be here tomorrow. I will post pics of the collection

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
That's a very fine sharpening job. What sharpening tools & methods are you using to polish the edge that cleanly?

Reactions: TacticalEnigma

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use the wicked edge. It was an investment but I own roughly 15 spyderco knives most of which are high dollar knives most expensive I believe is the southard. It is a diamond stone system. I use the diamonds in a scrubbing motion until I get to 1000 grit working a burr on both sides. I then switch to ceramics for the 1200 and 1600 still in a scrubbing motion. I then switch to the leather strops using 5, 3.5, 1 and .5 micron diamond paste respectively. I do most of my bevels at 15 degrees or 30 degrees inclusive. I love talking about it. And would love to answer any questions. I will post pics of the collection soon.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Wow. Sounds like sharpening your knives is a full blown hobby. I love my knives and knives in general, but $120-$140 I've spent on my PM2 and ZT are about as high dollar as I want to go. lol I also have a Becker BK2, but that's strictly for outdoors activities. It's a great high carbon fixed blade, though. I like the ZT, but as an EDC knife it simply doesn't work. Great blade, but it's too heavy for carry, and the pocket clip is vastly inferior to the one on the PM2, which is about as perfect an EDC folder as you can get without spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars.

·
Administrator
144,206 Posts
Spyderco...good stuff!

Sounds like you have your sharpening down to a science. Beautiful edge. :king:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just bought a yojimbo 2 today will be here tomorrow. I will post pics of the collection

Yojimbo 2 is my EDC. I've trained with Michael Janich's Martial Blade Concepts and he specifically designed this blade for his system. I'm very pleased with it.

You probably already know this, but "yojimbo" is the Japanese word for "bodyguard" - and a fine Kurasawa movie with Toshiro Mifune.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Can you recommend any knife fighting technique resources

Go to Home page

That will take you to Michael Janich's website where you can explore his Martial Blade Concepts (a series of 5 DVDs) along with many, many other defensive topics and tools. Nothing replaces training under the watchful eye of a qualified instructor, but the videos are of exceptionally high quality. As you explore them on the website, you will be able to look at several excerpts to help you make a decision. There are many approaches to using a blade. I like this one for several reasons. Feel free to pm me or ask questions here on the forum. I'll do my best to give you good answers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got my yojimbo 2 in yesterday. I think I have a new favorite knife for edc. It came razor sharp and the compression lock is perfect. Honestly I hate it because now I want another one just in case they ever stop making it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts