Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this would be the ultimate carry XD for my preferences:

XD Subcompact Frame (3-inch barrel)
.45ACP Caliber
Single-Stack Magazine
6+1 Capacity

The pistol could be made slimmer with the single-stack mag, plus the grip would be shorter with the 6-round capacity. If a problem can't be resolved with 6+1 .45 hollowpoints, plus a spare mag, then I shouldn't have been there in the first place.

This would also be fairly easy to pocket carry.

Plus, I would greatly prefer a .45 over a .380 like the Ruger LCP and some others. This could be the main (and only) carry gun as opposed to a BUG.

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
That's too funny. That's pretty much describing what I've just started pondering in the past week. Perhaps an extended mag option similar to the current Compact...maybe bringing it up to 8 rounds?

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
All that and make it a Glock. LOL:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As much as I like the Ruger LCP, the .380 caliber really turns me off. I'm not a police officer so I don't see the need for a backup gun, and I would never trust my life to a .380.

All of the carry methods have their pros and cons, but IF the right gun was available, I think pocket carry would be the best solution. This could very well be that "right" gun for me; small in size but with proven stopping power.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I think this would be the ultimate carry XD for my preferences:

XD Subcompact Frame (3-inch barrel)
.45ACP Caliber
Single-Stack Magazine
6+1 Capacity

The pistol could be made slimmer with the single-stack mag, plus the grip would be shorter with the 6-round capacity. If a problem can't be resolved with 6+1 .45 hollowpoints, plus a spare mag, then I shouldn't have been there in the first place.

This would also be fairly easy to pocket carry.

Plus, I would greatly prefer a .45 over a .380 like the Ruger LCP and some others. This could be the main (and only) carry gun as opposed to a BUG.

What do you think?
I have been wanting the exact XD you descibe. <=1" thick and the same size as the xd sub compact. The grip would need to be .188 to .250 longer to ensure the pinky has a home.

Right now the G36 is probably the closest match .

:hand10:

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
What you're talking about is the equivalent to a G36

·
Registered
58 Posts
Im happy w/ my XDsc-40. It holds 9+1 in the standard mag, and 12+1 in the extended mag.

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What you're talking about is the equivalent to a G36
Thanks for the info. I checked out the Glock 36 and the length disqualifies it for what I'm after.

Glock G36: 6.77 inches
Springfield XD40sc: 6.25 inches

The Glock is actually a tad longer than the Colt Defender (6.75 inches). My Defender comes just a bit too close to showing for my taste in cargo pants.

But it was still a good suggestion.

:smile:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hmmm... I'll check that out.

Thanks!
No problem. The PM45 sounds closest to what you want to me. 1.01" thick, 3.14" barrel for a 5.67 overall length. Only 4.49 inches tall with the 5 round mag. So its 5+1 but I am pretty sure you can get an extended mag. It comes with two 5 rounders...

·
Registered
28 Posts
If Springfield made something like that or the Kahr PM45, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. The only reason I haven't bought a Kahr is the price tag. SA would back it for about $150 less.

·
Registered
41 Posts
the kahr is a nice shooting gun; but I still prefer the xd sub .40 I'll take ten rounds
of pretty much the same stopping power as a .45

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
All that and make it a Glock. LOL:rolleyes:
Yeah,

Make it less accurate and less safe, just like a Glock! Wait also please add a 20 pound trigger pull to boot. :image035:

Sign me up for my new XD, I would love a 45 version of my SC 9

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I checked out the Kahr and three things turn me off about it:

1. It's DAO (no, thanks)

2. It's too expensive

3. It's ugly (no offense to Kahr owners since this is subjective)

EDIT: I just can't seem to warm up to Glocks, either.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts