Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Thursday night (11:45 pm) on the way to Austin I was pulled over just outside Georgetown by a Sheriff's Deputy. I saw 2 cars blacked out in a parking lot and then realized I didn't know if the speed limit had gone back up to 65 leaving the town yet. Sure enough a car pulls out, speeds up and the reds/blues come on. I put my hands on the steering wheel, my buddy puts his on the dash. The deputy comes to the passenger window, buddy rolls it down. Deputy says who he his, asks for my driver's license/insurance. I immediately tell him I'm a chl and I do have a weapon on my right hip and one in the console (hands still on the steering wheel).
His response.........taps on the door and says, "y'all are good to go, have a nice night." He walked back to his car and drove off. I didn't even begin to get out my driver's license, hands were still on the wheel.
:danceban:
On the way back home I checked the spot where I was pulled over. It was posted 50mph, that night I was doing around 60-63 at that spot. My buddy said, "I gotta get one of those.":rofl:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Way cool officer.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Wow...kind of surprised at that one but glad it worked out for you.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Most cool for sure.

I daresay had you topped 70 or more then he'd have to have ticketed regardless but - guess it was a good day for him, and for you - and he recognized the upstanding nature of a CCW :smilez:

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
good on him , and he is buiding needed help ( pr or real life ) for the entire dept doing this .

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Did you say "thank you" and offer him a donut? :gah:

Just kidding guys, don't kill me.

·
Super Moderator
25,540 Posts
Lucky guy. Wouldn't count on it happening all the time thouugh. :image035:

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Most LE around here are good about CCW rights and not hassling law abiding CCWer's.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have been thinking about this a lot lately and trying to decide if I would tell the LEO or not because in CA we don't have to. The instructor in my CCW class said not to mention it unless you have to in CA. He said the LEO's in CA like to make a big deal out of it, clear the weapon, run a full check on you and the weapon and then let you go with a big fat ticket. I don't think that would be true or not so I have been kicking this around.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Boy, I hope that attitude catches on! Again I'll say that it just shows your genuine concern for their safety when you volunteer that kind of information. And I'm sure they appreciate it. There well may be some rough encounters ahead, but we have to get through them. This one worked out GREAT.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Good for him. It's called "professional courtesy!" Nice to see sensible LEO's isn't it.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Not, too flame, romp or rave, but why are we so afraid of LEO's ? I was always taught that as long as you are doing the right thing that you are fine. Thus, if you were legally carrying and are a good guy, doing the right thing there should be no need to be afraid. I guess I still belive that the good guy always wins.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts