Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Very vice vid - all I can say is - you have been practicing (a bit!) :wink:

Good work - please join my team (and take point!).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW - MOV's usually play for me thru media Player Classic, using Quicktime alternative - this one didn't. I did tho manage to have it play 100% thru VLC Media Player. Just an FYI.

·
Super Moderator
25,558 Posts
Looks good and well practiced. Makes me feel even slower! :frown:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would like to see it but, I get just audio not video. I'm using the latest version of quicktime on windows xp.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
rrr - yep same prob I had. Go get a copy (free) of VLC Media Player - a search will find it.

It's up to V8.2 IIRC and is good at playing stuff which Win player or Quicktime itself seem to struggle over.

I could convert that file to WMV - another option but let's see how it goes for now.

·
Banned
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking that the only way to be 100% universial is to go with Flash. :) I'm looking into do that for the future. The videao is using H.264 codec from Apple that is new for Quicktime as of version 7. It cuts teh size down to half and make the picture nice, but not if you can't view it. :) Hope to have a Windows friendly version soon. :)

VLC views about anything, but I think it's Mac only.

Thanks Optr23,
The drill is easy to get in one take, learning to talk to a camera and not look like a complete fool takes several tries. :)

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Flash is OK tho still seems to keep files a tad large.

VLC is fine for Windows :smile: Mine did good with your file!

I can convert MOV to WMF quite easily - small app' for the job.

Nice work anyways !

·
Registered
24 Posts
Another alternative to get around the audio problem with Quicktime 7 would be to alter the settings in your control panel.

I'm running an XP machine, and in the control panel I altered the audio settings, in the Quicktime panel in the following way, and the audio is now working for me.

Please see attachment for details.

:smile:

·
Registered
357 Posts
oregonshooter said:
...learning to talk to a camera and not look like a complete fool takes several tries. :)
You should share your secrets with the news media...they could use the help!

Nice job on the drill. It is obvious from your smoothness and economy of motion that you have put in a few repetitions. Thanks for sharing your video.

SSKC

·
Registered
3 Posts
P95Carry said:
rrr - yep same prob I had. Go get a copy (free) of VLC Media Player - a search will find it..
Thanks I tried VLC and it worked. Quick Time has always been iffy to use. This should help.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
video didn't work for me either.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
No stream here but only because my IDM (Internet Download manager) snags it straight away.

I have Quicktime Alternative on my system and that usually plays MOV's OK. It was just your first version that I had to use VLC on. In fact this one too - no go Media Player Classic (which usually handles MOV's) - no go Irfanview but again VLC only option.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Add in your low light and movement to cover techniques as well as checking your world once complete. I believe you have something here that others can benefit from seeing and practicing.
Keep up the good work.
Camera work, how many takes? Repetition provides great benefits.

·
Banned
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. Back to the drawing board. :)

THanks Optr23, that's jsut a test video for when the sun starts shining again in Oregon. I want to find a delivery method that is unobtrusive (looking at flash now) and can't use WMP because I'm a Mac user now and they won't share.

The drill was 1 time, speaking without flubbing (no script) about 5. I guess I should be glad it's not the other way around. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts