Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tactical pants and other clothing can be expensive. We need more than one pair of pants when we carry daily. I have found an alternative solution that I really like. The pants in the pictures shown below are the Cargo pants made by Wrangler. Some have the 'WRG' label on the pocket. Why I like these is not just for the deep pockets and the good size cargo pockets on the sides, but there is a 'secret' pocket behind the cargo pocket that is excellent for carrying my tactical light, a cell phone or even an extra magazine. My denim Wranglers have the secret pocket behind the cargos on both sides.
I find the pocket extremely useful as I always have my light in there, ready to pull with my left hand while the pistol is coming out with the right.
Lastly, I use the cargo on the side when I'm driving instead of tucking the gun into my belt. I feel it puts the gun in a more ready position, and there is no hassle with any possible obstructions like the steering wheel or seat belt. These Wrangler pants I get either at Meijer or Wally World for $15.00, and they come in multiple colors and camo.
I wanted to share this with the listmembers as another piece of useful clothing for concealed carry.
Ohio Rusty ><>

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nice find!
Looks like they'll do the job.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
356 Posts
DW got me a couple of pairs of Wrangler Ripstop lined cargo pants for christmas....so far I love them...

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Nice, I got several pairs of 5.11 tactical pants from LA police gear,they were on sale for 12.99.Downside is rear pockets have button flaps and I carry a long leather wallet,so the pocket flap sticks up

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I have a pair of the Wrangler hero series of cargo pants, work great for CC.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have been wearing the Lapolicegear brand name operator pant. Thy are about 12 to 20 bucks and come in lots of colors. Thy are a great pant. Hey are cool enough in the hot humid Alabama summer but heavy enough not to freeze in the winter.

·
Registered
237 Posts
HA HA Score!
I just bought a few pairs of those and didn't even know that pocket existed, just checked and sure enough it's there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great pants!!!

Have 3 pair that wife got me for Christmas and 2 others I bought back in Nov.

Had to get new ones as I lost 50 pounds over the last 6 months. Planning to lose 20 more, so did not want to spend too much for tactical pants. Had 511s before. 44 down to 38s.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
i ahve several pair of the wrangler pants and the shorts...comfortable as all get out and they hold up great...i where them exclusively when not at work (shirt and tie) and i have yet to wear through a pair...my brother in law cant believe how much crap i carry with me daily and you would never know it with these pants/shorts...available at target and walmart for about the same price i our area...14.99 and less when on sale...

·
Registered
220 Posts
My Girlfriend just bought me two pair of the L.A. Police Gear tactical pants for Christmas and I love them! For as inexpensive as they are, they are still a great pant!
I can't wait until my next paycheck comes so I can get a few more pair of them before the low price ends!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Can't really speak to the Wrangler cargoes, as I've never worn 'em, but I have seen them and they seem like a good deal. I know all my Wrangler jeans have been great.

I CAN say, that for $21, Dickie's cargo pants are about the best I've ever had. I used to drop upwards of $50 for anything from Dockers to L.L. Bean, 5.11, Tru-Spec, etc. You wear them a few times, they rip, get stains, lose their crisp look. Not worth my time or money.

For $21, I've never had a pair of the Dickie's last less than 5 years. Completely stain resistant, fabric doesn't pill, holds a press for DAYS and the crease is permanent. Only issue I ever had is the velcro on the pockets could use a 2nd round of stitching. I own 2 pairs in black, and am buying a 2nd pair in khaki. Virtually indestructible.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wearing a pair of my Wrangler Carpenter pants right now - also have a pair of the Wrangler Cargo pants.

They seem perfect for a tactical type pant. I'm wondering how those Popper cargo pants are?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Tactical pants

I recently picked up a pair of Poly/Cotton ripstop BDU pants in olive green from BDU.com. 6 pockets, and looks to be good quality; perfect for the range or hiking, etc

1 - 20 of 22 Posts