Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in California's central valley things get pretty warm in the summer. We typically have weeks of weather in the mid to high nineties and from time to time we'll get a few hundred and five days. SO, wearing a cover garment over a T shirt is out of the question. I've resorted to wearing belt packs. My favorite is from the Glock Store, it's called the Merlin Pack and it DOES NOT look like an item that'd hold a gun. My Kahry PM40 hides very nicely in the smaller size and my 4" Colt Commander will do as well in the large size I'm sure. If you're interested just google "Glock Store" and search around until you find the holsters and packs. BTW, the large size costs about $72 with tax, license and doc. fees. :wink:

·
Registered
697 Posts
I just Googled this and MidwayUSA has it from $36.99. Looks interesting.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I wear a tank top under whatever ( t shirt, dress shirt) outer shirt i wear that day works for me even in the Florida summer

·
Registered
407 Posts
Airborne rodents? I would pack the colt more!

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
I OWB in warm weather carrying a Sigma 40VE, almost exactly the same size as a Glock 23. I just wear slightly larger T shirts untucked. Never had a problem. In WI printing is okay but even so my printing is almost non-existent. If I would be in a state where it wasn't I guess I'd be more careful. When my M&P 40C ever gets here I should be able to conceal even better as it's a smaller handgun.

·
Registered
45,188 Posts
I think I'll pass.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Also . . . the way it unzips it looks kind ah difficult to get a quick discreet draw.

Have you ever thought about cargo shorts ? ? or pants? I can hid ah 1911 in mine . . . without anyone being non the wiser.

I just simply reach down, slip my hand in my pocket, & it slides right out. Ah little practice doing it & wa-lah!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also . . . the way it unzips it looks kind ah difficult to get a quick discreet draw.
Have you ever thought about cargo shorts ? ? or pants? I can hid ah 1911 in mine . . . without anyone being non the wiser.
I just simply reach down, slip my hand in my pocket, & it slides right out. Ah little practice doing it & wa-lah!
When your life is being threatened "discreet draw" is the last thing on your mind. As for cargo pants, I'm pack'n a steel framed Colt Series 80 and it just won't work to stick that gun into the pocket of a pair of pants.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
I just wear a t-shirt under my polo or cover shirt. That's in 90+ temp with 90% humidity

Reactions: smolck
1 - 20 of 44 Posts