Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the HK bug recently and was able to horse trade some with a member of another forum who was local. He bought this gun new and put about 300 rds. thru it and decided it wasn't what he wanted. It has night sites and came with (3) magazines which is good because they are terribly expensive and not easy to find. This is my first .40 cal. gun so we'll see how it goes. I was able to score some .40 ammo, in fact several places had some. This version is a P30 LEM V2 trigger. It is quite a bit different than my Sigs but I think I can adapt to it with some practice time. I will say this about HK, they have the best grip system going. You have three different backstraps and three different side panels. After tying different combinations I hit the perfect combo for my hand. All pistol grips should be made that way. Some pictures for now and maybe a range report if the rain holds off.

Reactions: Kennydale

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
Congrats. .40 is my favorite caliber though I also carry 9mm and .45.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Now that is beautiful. I am sure you will have fun with that.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Congrats - looks like a beautiful pistol.

I started shooting .40 cal a few years ago. Before that it was 9mm and .45, neither of which had much recoil. The .40 was definitely snappy, especially in a smaller gun. But, once you get a good grip and stance it becomes very controllable. So, something to think about and focus on as you head to the range.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Congrats! I just posted on my picking up a P30 .40 with a light LEM a while ago. It joined it's relatives; P2000, and P2000sk both in .40 and HK45c. I kinda like H&Ks. Mags were not horrile priced compared to their .45ACP mags. Bought 3 for $32 each from H&K. They get deliveries every week and don't mind you checking however, they haven't allowed back orders, at least for me.

They have actually improved the mag release paddles so that light 1 finger pushes are OK. I prefer a light touch on both paddles. I have had 5 H&Ks (sold my HK45 for HK45c) and I replaced the sights immediately. For me, out of the box always shot high and the glow in the dark was not so great. I always replace with Meprolights about $100.

Years ago I replaced my 9mm's with .40's to shoot major in USPSA matches. It is easy to get used to the slight snappy recoil. According to my wife I have far too many and they all look alike. Favorite gun store sign. "Please don't let my wife sell my guns for what I said I paid for them."

·
Registered
608 Posts
Congrats. Great pics too!...:danceban:

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Very nice!
I've got an H&K 9mm USP compact that I'll have with me when I go with family for dinner this evening.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
I miss my .40's, but a wrist injury no longer allowed me to shoot it. Down to 300 rounds of target and 350 rounds of defensive ammo to sell and I'll be out of the .40 game.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Great photos of a sweet firearm.

My EDC 90% of the time is a Glock 23.

photo.jpg

I like the .40 S&W round.

Enjoy your new baby.

Regards,

FlaRon :urla9ub:

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Love my .40 too! Have been carrying my .38 but the new situation is where the .40 will be going with me for a while ~ more bullets are required. Both are S&W, I'm a fan.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
congrats

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Nice! I too will have a P30 when I pay off my layaway. I'll be checking for follow-ups since I've never tried an LEM trigger.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Very nice looking gun.And .40 is one of the ammo cal easily found around these parts.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Congrats on the new HK! I have very little experience with them but they seem very nice! .40 is one my favorite calibers and I have not found one yet that doesn't shoot well. On the plus side .40 ammo seems easier to find than most other calibers.:smile:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts