Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
1,458 Posts
Not bad at all, especially for your first try! I've seen a number of "professional" kydex holster makers that make a less refined product than that..

It's obviously up to your personal taste and carry/draw/shooting style, but I might suggest trying to find a way to move the center of gravity of the gun lower relative to the attachment points and belt line. I think you'll find that it will carry much better that way, and, unlike so many other OWB holsters, it will hold the gun pretty tight to your body, rather than letting it flop away from you all the time, which becomes a huuuuge snagging hazard.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
That's a fine first effort...at ANYthing!

Well Bent! :congrats:

Reactions: QKShooter

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Covered mag releases drive me nuts. My suggestion would be to cut it out. But with kydex you can mask it out to make sure there is plenty of room to not push the mag release. That's always hard to tell from a pic.

Was there a particular reason to mold most on the back and less on the front? Or just the way the press worked? Just curious. It's still gonna work fine I'm sure.

And for a first try, yeah, good job.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I made this but I no longer carry the Mustang, having gone to a snubbie. Now I need to make one for it.

WP_20160521_010.jpg

Kydex is not at all difficult to work with. I just need to find the time to do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts