Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am giddy! My choice for first handgun has been bouncing around between a Kahr PM9 and a few keltecs because of the whole price vs. what you get debate. Did plenty of research on keltecs and while pawn shop hopping today with my parents came across a P11.

$220 otd with a magazine and case. Bought it and took it out to the range that day and yes, compared to the kahr the trigger pull is long. Oh well; the gun cost 220 and a used kahr for 500 is not twice the gun. In my 50rds I put through it I liked it (putting another 100 or so through it later today). Then stripped and cleaned it for the first time. Wasn't as easy as a kahr or glock but was overall pretty easy.

Also got a bianci iwb holster for it. Carried at 5 o'clock I asked my parents if I was printing prior to buying the holster and both could not tell where I was carrying the gun under a standard t-shirt.

I'm going to get a S&W 5900 15rd magazine for it, as well as the grip extension, and use that :) Plus the thing is so easy to take down and KTOG is so friendly I can see myself doing some mods on this once I get my CCW for it.

More pics to come when I get back from the range the second time.

Oh, and my mother got a 32acp concealed pistol as well. She fired the Keltec and thought it had too much recoil for her. This, coming from the same woman who can fire a 12 gauge without a problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
Santa was good to ya...

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Good for you, enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Conga rats! Enjoy it!

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
The little will serve its purpose, congrats on your new firearm.:hand10:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Glad you found one that suits you!! Congrats on the pistola!

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Congrats on the gun.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
congratulations on the P11. That was my first KT firearm of five different models I have owned. Of the five I would have to say the P11 was my favorite and should have kept it.

surv

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol. It should serve you well. :bier:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol. Its like everything else, treat it well and it will in turn, RETURN the favor.
~Steve

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Congratulations!!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Congrats! Practice, practice and then practice some more! :danceban:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Congratulations on the new gun. I have a Keltec PF 9 and find it to be a good little conceal carry gun. Take care of it and it will take care of you if and when you need it. Practice and be safe!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yep, we can tell you weren't on Santa's naughty list this year. :hand5:

Take good care of it and it'll serve you well for a long time to come. Congratulations on your new firearm. Now get out there and get yourself some range time and enjoy it! :yup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Put 200 rounds through it since I posted this. No failures whatsoever :) Gave it a good cleaning last night, and this Wednesday I am going back out to put another 100-150 through it.

Putting it back together after field stripping it was an interesting experience. If you don't push down on the barrel as you put the slide on, the barrel won't go back far enough to get the pin back in the body. Figured it out though :)

Very easy to conceal on my skinny self, and accurate enough for me. Looooooong trigger pull. Nice clean break though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts