Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my first pistol today! well not really if you count the ones I inherited from my dad but this one is the first I bought. It's a Bulgarian Makarov. Sadly I don't think I can get her to a range for another week because of work but that's not all bad since my local PD is taking their sweet time with my paper work for my ccp.

I tried loading some pics but I'm not having any luck with that.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
I tried loading some pics but I'm not having any luck with that.
It will work better if you try to load bullets into your gun instead of pics. :rofl:

Congrats on the new gun, and hopefully they will come through quickly with your ccp. :congrats:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new pistola... kind of unusual for a first gun...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Neat little pistol. Any trouble finding ammo?
no not really, The FMJ stuff is in all of the local shops around me but that's all.

And yeah it's kinda a strange first pistol but I figure it's good enough from mother russia it should do the job for me:image035:

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistola! Hope to see some pics soon....or the range report, or the 'I got my permit' thread......or....whatever comes first! Good luck with everything.

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
Congrats on your new weapon:hand10:...now for some pics of it...:yup:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
:congrats:

Fine firearm you got there; a great, inexpensive, reliable sidearm. Now where's the pics at? :yup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
i have an FEG PA63 .380 and it was the first hand gun i bought. its sometimes mistaken for the Makarov but is different. nice gun, a little heavy for a cc gun. congrats on your first gun purchase.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Neat little pistol. Any trouble finding ammo?

Ammo for the Makarov, CZ82, PA63 pr FEG63 is avalible almost anywhere online if you can not find 9x18 locally and its realtively inexpensive too.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Makarovs are simple, tough blowback handguns. One of the most reliable and simple (27 total parts) designs ever made. The Bulgarian Maks are very good guns not as well finished overall as the East German Maks but very solid.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Take it out "plinking" some afternoon! Thoroughly clean the pistol and familiarize yourself with it before you go. Shoot it single acton for at least four boxes of ammunition before you attempt to shoot it double-action. This may take quite a bit of work before you become proficient, so prepare to spend a great deal of "trigger time" with the pistol's double-action feature.

Good shootin'.

·
Registered
493 Posts
That's a neat first pistola.. Congrats, and have fun!!

:35:

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase. I have always wanted to try one of those. :comeandgetsome:

What's the hold up on getting your PA License to Carry Firearms? Around here the Sheriff issues them while you wait. Is it different for you since you're so close to Philadelphia?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
A good Mak is a nice addition to any gun collection , I am sure it will be a good friend!!

NCH

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congratulations on the purchase. I have always wanted to try one of those. :comeandgetsome:

What's the hold up on getting your PA License to Carry Firearms? Around here the Sheriff issues them while you wait. Is it different for you since you're so close to Philadelphia?
I know there should not be any problem since I have a spotless record and PA is a shall issue state but for some reason my local PD is taking its sweet time. Here you have to go to the county Sheriff and pick up two forms. One of the forms you must take to your local police department, for me that's Bridgeport PA, (they are supposed to a preliminary background check?? I really don't know what they are doing but after they are done with it you take back to the Sheriff's office with your application). The officer I spoke to when I dropped it off was a nice guy and said to come back in 5 days to pick it up or someone would call me to let me know it was ready sooner. No, call so I returned in 5 days and speak to a different officer and this guy seems to have a bug up his butt about something and spoke in a tone that some people might call yelling. He told me it wasn't ready and not to come back until called. I asked him if the 5 day estimate I was given had been done in error or if there was something I was missing. he just glared at me has he turned away and said not to come back until called. Right now it's been two weeks since I first dropped it off and still no call. Tomorrow I think I'm going to call and ask to speak to a supervisor.. any way that's the deal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts