Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
View attachment 353761

With the other barrels. All of them!
You know, Thomson Center used to offer a special “SURVIVAL” Contender carbine model that featured a Rynite stock and two barrels one in .223 and the other in .30-30. I always wanted that. But I think it was discontinued.

·
Registered
20,331 Posts
This is an affordable grail LOL...or a "my wife won't leave me grail"...
😂 I’m with ya on that. That’s why I will probably never get it!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Kind of rude don't you think... I'm sure many can judge some of your selections as well... The OP is pretty proud of his new gun and as gun owners we should all encourage that.. Not insult ones choice..... I come across a lot of gun owners almost daily and some can't afford more than a Taurus G2, some can.. But most are dammed proud of their gun....
Exactly.
And I have a buddy who's put a few thousand rounds through his G2 and it's yet to hiccup once.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
You left drool marks on the gun.....

Aside from that, nice gun Hope it works out for you!

Reactions: matthew03

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
View attachment 353761

With the other barrels. All of them!
You couldn’t pick the box up. :ROFLMAO:
How many offerings did the have in the end?
I shot them in .357 mag, .44 mag, .45 Colt, .410, .223, .30 carbine, .30-30, maybe some others over my life.

·
Registered
42,330 Posts
I shot them in .357 mag, .44 mag, .45 Colt, .410, .223, .30 carbine, .30-30, maybe some others over my life.
My Contender (30 Herrett, .223) was stolen, and I would have replaced it except for TC had dropped all of the "unique" calibers and kept only the off-the-shelf calibers.

Reactions: matthew03

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
My Contender (30 Herrett, .223) was stolen, and I would have replaced it except for TC had dropped all of the "unique" calibers and kept only the off-the-shelf calibers.
I recall the disappointment when they did that.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
I have drooled over this pistol every time I see it and hold it. Each time I have passed it by...and I just did miss one a few weeks ago at one of my LGS. Walked into one Saturday afternoon...saw it...held it...took a deep breath...bought it.

Here she is...Canik TP9 Elite Combat. It has the Vortex Venom dot on it. I just got back from putting about 250 rounds through it and getting the dot zeroed in.

It is everything I had hoped she would be. I love it. I have some dot questions still, but I will save that for another thread.

I will say this about the dot...I get it. I already had an AIWB holster for my Caniks....that plus the dot for a guy new to both, and it is still faster than behind the hip. The 500 + presentations I have done in the past 24hrs probably helped too LOL...

Ain't she pretty?!

View attachment 353720
You chose “wisely”. ;)

Reactions: ParsonBrown

·
Premium Member
6,595 Posts
Congrats OP. I bought two Caniks within the last 6 months. Both elite sc 9mms, but one with a factory red dot. I got to say, I’m very impressed with both of mine. Btw, James Yeager is very impressed with his, too. That’s what he’s been using as rental class guns. AND, in his fighting pistol courses, one runs 1K rounds in two days.

·
Registered
822 Posts
View attachment 353754
This is essentially my Grail gun. This is the standard model Carry Comp that I purchased from Wilson Combat last August.

It retails for $3,200 but I added another $1,400 in personally directed “tweaks” except that I got the same colors shown for frame and slide shown. I mandated a five pound trigger pull and that’s exactly what was delivered. I got an aluminum frame, so they don’t recommend a steady diet of +P ammo. I also got Crimson Trace Laser Grips which came perfectly zeroed at 50 feet. I got other stuff on mine, too.
i've got a friend that would kill you so dead for that...

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
375JDJ, 416 JDJ
I would take the challenge. 1" off the floor completely for 15 seconds.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
So the term "Holy Grail" now means a mass-produced, piece of inexpensive plastic? Hmmm. Mine is a steel, hand-made pistol that has not been built in >30-years.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts