Defensive Carry banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
So the term "Holy Grail" now means a mass-produced, piece of inexpensive plastic? Hmmm. Mine is a steel, hand-made pistol that has not been built in >30-years.
LOL..."Holy Grail" was meant to be tongue in cheek. I happen to like Caniks, and this is one I have been looking for. I have yet to identify my real grail yet. I'll have to be careful going forward lest the interwebs slay me for my sarcasm.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
LOL..."Holy Grail" was meant to be tongue in cheek. I happen to like Caniks, and this is one I have been looking for. I have yet to identify my real grail yet. I'll have to be careful going forward lest the interwebs slay me for my sarcasm.
Nice back-pedal. :)

Reactions: MPGunther

·
Registered
5,260 Posts

Reactions: matthew03

·
Registered
20,331 Posts

If that’s your choice, there is nothing wrong with it.

Some people seem to just want to be an ass...

·
Registered
42,330 Posts
He shouldn’t have felt the need.
I would have just told you to use better manners.
Imagine if one's Holy Grail is a Glock 19...

·
Registered
20,331 Posts
Imagine if one's Holy Grail is a Glock 19...
Glock, Glock , Glock....that’s all you hear. :)

Truth is, I believe it’s probably one of the best guns ever made, regardless of prestige or pricing of other guns. Worthy of Holy Grail status.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
I think it’s great you bought your grail gun. Enjoy it. From the time the Sig 229 came out until I finally bought one in 2013 it was my grail gun. Honestly I still compare everything I consider buying to it.Currently my grail gun is BHP.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Congrats to the OP. Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?

I remember the LGS called me several years back and told me about the Canik TP-9's they had just received. First time I'd ever heard of them and figured they were probably something comparable to a Hi-Point. Boy was I surprised when I went and looked at them and actually held one. Can't remember the exact price but I do remember they were under $300 at the time. I still regret not getting one.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I've never had a "Holy Grail" anything. When I was a kid. I always wanted as many different colored crayons as I could get.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
It's funny, but I have my mind set on getting a third 8 shot revolver. Why? Because I like them.

I really like the Ruger Super GP100. I know many think it's ugly, but I don't. I wish Ruger made it in a 6" or 6.5" barrel length.

I still don't have a desire for what most people would call a grail item. I'm not really into the more expensive things in life. I don't like cheap stuff either. Been burned by that route more than once.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Congrats to the OP. Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?

I remember the LGS called me several years back and told me about the Canik TP-9's they had just received. First time I'd ever heard of them and figured they were probably something comparable to a Hi-Point. Boy was I surprised when I went and looked at them and actually held one. Can't remember the exact price but I do remember they were under $300 at the time. I still regret not getting one.
Yes. I have put about 250 rounds through it. This is my 3rd Canik, and they really are great striker fired guns IMO. The trigger on the Elite Combat is scary good. It takes a bit of getting used to honestly, but in a good way.

Honestly, the Canik vs most of the other polymer striker fired pistols is a toss up IMO. I'll go an hide now before I'm attacked LOL. My problem is that I like my Glocks and S&W's too. But Canik is putting out a pretty solid self defense tool. I got my first one for under $300 brand new. I recently sold my SC and got what I paid for it, and probably could have gotten more.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts