Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......and my wife was home at the time. Those two pieces of &#*@ are fortunate I was not here at the time or the police would be cleaning up their bullet ridden bodies. Still in shock......

·
Registered
792 Posts
WOW!!!!... Glad at least your wife is ok... I had someone break in my old garage and steal TON's of stuff a few years ago,.. Really crappy feeling,.. If everything is ok, and your wife was not harmed, all is well.... If you was home and they had there last break - in.... All would be better... :)

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Well that is pretty crappy.

Glad your wife is ok. Is she going to the range with you the next time out?

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Glad your wife is doing okay, that is what is most important.

Try to breathe and relax then have a beer on me. :|

- Janq

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
bonehead,

Glad your wife is alright. She must have been terrified.

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Holy cow... Now that is a scary situation. Very glad no one was hurt!!!!

I hope when you gather your composure you'll update us with some details.

We are especially curious as to your wife's stance on home protection, especially when she is home alone.

Let us know more about it when you get a chance.

Things could have been horrible, so I'm very glad your wife is ok!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Although nobody eas physically injured, I'm still sending prayers your way.
Both of you, I'm sure have some strong emotions you're dealing with, and after you work them out, please update us on how you are doing.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I too would like to hear some details on how this happened. Times are getting tough and home invasions are on the rise, we all need to be prepared for such a thing. I feel sorry for the scum bag that picks my house!! Glad your wife is okay, material things can be replaced, but not people.

NCH

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I'm assuming your family is ok? ... you didnt say. After you gather your thoughts, please keep us posted on your family and the events that took place. Sorry to hear it happened to one of our own.

·
Registered
379 Posts
WOW, hope she is ok and sending prayers your way.

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
Obviously we all have some questions...please update us when you can relate additional info.
Kids?
Face to face contact?
Wife armed?

Glad all are well.:hand10:

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Sit back and say a little prayer of thanks! Those material things can be replaced; your wife can't. Speaking as a widower, I know this first hand.

Glad to hear that nothing really bad happened.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. The family is okay. Just shaken up.

Here's what happened per my wife
Broad daylight (around 10:30-11AM, someone rings the bell out front....incessantly. My wife never answers the door when I'm not home unless expecting someone. She runs upstairs to take a look down at the front door. She sees them, still ringing the bell. She calls 911 at this point.....then they break in the front door. Frame is shattered.
She is terrified and runs into one of the upstairs bedroom closets while these scumbags ransack the downstairs. Took my computer and two sets of car keys. Obviously they were intending to steal the cars in the garage.

One of them makes their way upstairs....and finds my wife. He yells something in Spanish to the other and they run off.

Cops meanwhile are driving towards my neighborhood. They know they're looking for Hispanic males. He sees a truck leaving the area. They make eye contact and he runs the stop sign....bingo. But it's either chase them or get to my wife who is alone at home where there may still be intruders.

Roadblocks are put up, helicopters, K-9 unit. They crashed their truck a few miles away and ran on foot. Found one guy's shoes in someone's backyard. Dogs found him with bloody feet. Found a second suspect as well. One was only 15 y.o. Immediately asked for his 'mommy'.

While this is all happening, I'm doing 110 on the freeway speeding home from work after my wife calls me with the cops there.

My wife ID'd one of them, wasn't sure about the other. But many prints were left (these idiots didn't wear gloves). CSI unit was here dusting. They're toast.

I'm still traumatized not because of the broken door or missing computer. Just the thought that my wife could have been harmed......my life would be over.

Just wish I was home. Mossberg out. Intruders dead. End of story.

As for my wife being armed, she 'tolerates' my guns, but will not carry or use one. I bought her pepper spray which she has...at the bottom of her purse. I hope this all wakes her up a bit.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
It's gonna take a long time to get over the violated feeling,does your wi8fe carry etc.if not maybe now she would be more willing to

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
I can not comprehend the mindset of people like your wife. I wish I could.

My wife and I were on the same page from day one. She even had her own gun when I met her and that was in 1983.

If this doesn't wake her up, then I don't know what to say.

I wish you luck. Again, the mindset of someone who would rather die while being absolutely terrified or even be brutalized and tortured, as opposed to defending them self is something I'll never understand.

I am certainly glad things turned out OK this time. Next time, we can only hope things go as well again.

Good luck, Sir.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Wow bonehead!
I'm sure you and your wife are both quite upset. I hope she gets over the trauma quickly. A wake up call like that may be more than she can handle, give her time to get through the emotions, and have a talk with her. I don't know if something like this will make the difference in her becoming more pro-active in her own defense when she is home alone, but I hope she will.
It's good to hear they got the scumbag(s) at least.
Let the misses know we are concerned for both of you.:smile:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts